73- talk it through

I hope I'm making up for depriving you guys for so long 😭 pls vote and comment ❤️ ily guys

Aylin's POV

"Make the PowerPoint, facilitate client workshop, finish paperwork." I grab my cup of coffee and walk over to the sugar bowl, "Make the PowerPoint, facilitate client workshop, finish paperwork." I add two teaspoons, "Shït... They wanted to brainstorm some ideas after lunch. Okay. Make the PowerPoint-"

"Facilitate client workshop, finish paperwork." I hear a familiar voice complete my sentence, so I look to my left where Mark makes his coffee, "And don't forget, brainstorm ideas."

I can't help but chuckle. I must have sounded like a crazy person.

"You again."

He smiles, "I also have a busy day ahead."

"I never used to speak to myself until moving in to my apartment recently." I inform him, "Did not anticipate it being that quiet."

"It can get lonely. Speaking to yourself keeps you sane. When I first moved out, I got a kitten."

I smile at that, glad that he doesn't think I'm some freak, "Allergies. I'm more of a plant person."

"One of those." He stirs his black coffee, "You play classical music to them?"

I'd roll my eyes, but instead, I force a chuckle. I still don't know what Mark's position is here at the company. He seems friendly, but you never know if he'll take it in a jokey way or if it would offend him.

I sip my coffee since he does too, but I should probably get going back to my desk. It's a long day for me.

"Pro-tip; you should maybe make a to-do list. I jot my schedule on my phone, but I know a lot of people prefer writing. Especially on the creative team."

"How'd you know I'm part of the creative team?"

He smiles, almost laughing, "Create PowerPoint, facilitate client something, something..."

I find myself laughing this time, but I also take this opportunity to ask him about his role here.

"And what department are you part of?"

"I'm an external auditor." He answers, "So you'll only see me around here once in a while."

"Oh..." I nod, "Interesting."

He nods as well, smiling. He looks just the same as he did the last time. Same suit, briefcase in hand and not a hair out of place. He radiates confidence, or maybe I just think so because he towers over me. As in, he actually has to look down at me. I'm level with his chest. I'm pretty sure his head nearly touches the doorframe.

"Don't you have something to get to?" He asks.

"I do. Don't you?" I respond, since I know now that my career isn't on the line every time I interact with him.

"Touché." He blows into his cup and passes me, "Have a good day, Aylin."

"You too." I wait for him to pass before heading back to my office. God, he smells good too.

It feels weird to be attracted to other guys, but I have to remind myself that I am single now. There's no harm in light flirting. It won't go anywhere. We still kind of work together and that's one thing I'll never do. Mix business with pleasure. Nothing will sabotage my vision.

"Right. Let's get to that paperwork first." I scoot my chair over to the huge cabinet in my office that's taking up way too much space. Once I've completed all of it, it can finally be removed.