60 - still you

Zayn's POV

My eyes flutter open when I feel the sheets being pulled off of my face. For once, it doesn't hurt to open my eyes, and when I do, I see Aylin towering over me.

"What time is it?" I shut my eyes again, refusing to get up.

"More like what day is it." She corrects me as she crouches down to eye-level with me, "You've been in this room for two days."

"Not true," I swallow hard since it hurts to swallow, "I got up to make a sandwich at one point when I wasn't dizzy anymore."

"And how are you feeling now?" She sits down on the mattress, awkwardly keeping her hands still in her lap.

"Better than before, but I could still be better." I inform her since things are still weird.

Uncomfortable silence settles on us and her gaze diverts from mine.

"You should eat something." She grabs a plate from the countertop, "We made chicken soup. Nice and spicy. It'll help with the congestion too, apparently."

"Thanks." I sit up against the pillow, "I feel like shït."

She sighs, "Yeah, you look— well, you look sick."

"Were you just about to say I look like shît?" I raise a brow at her.

"No." She snickers, leaning over to adjust the pillows for me, "Well, yes, but I just meant sick. You look pretty good for a person who's sick."

"It's probably just a cold." I grab a tissue.

"Or a flu. You seemed out of it." She states, "But for that cold and just to keep you healthy, I cut up an orange for you." She gestures towards the other plate, "And got your meds and vitamins that you have to take after you've eaten. Your mum said to bring them up."

"Okay." I grab the bowl, not even bothering to reach for the spoon as I take a sip. I can't really taste it, but I can most definitely feel the tang on my tongue, "Thank you... for bringing it up."

"It's no problem."

I reach for the water, but she beats me to it. She then informs me of the tea she made which apparently helps as well. I, however, eat in silence as she sits there just as quiet, but keeping me company regardless.

When I spare a glance at her, it's visible that she's upset. That usual glow, it's not there. Her eyes are heavy and lack vibrancy. She might have kicked me when I was down, but what would it make me if I did the same to her? That's not me. I couldn't do that to her. Not to my soft spot.

"I appreciate this, Aylin." I place my hand over hers, cold to the touch as always, "Your hands are always freezing." I manage to utter through a chuckle.

"Can you blame me with the weather here?" She places her other hand over mine, making my heart flutter by simply sandwiching my hand between hers.

"Not really."

"Exactly." She strokes her thumb over my hand like I usually would.

I fight the urge to smile, holding back as much as possible. It's hard though. I doubt she'd be this touchy if I weren't feeling well, but it's adorable seeing her try... and a just a little bit amusing. I could get used to this.