81 - unpredictable

A/N

Please vote on the previous 2 chapters as well as this one so I'm motivated to update more frequently 😅🙏🏼

The comments have been abundant lately and reading your reactions and theories are my favourite thing about updating, so here you go ❤️ enjoy your weekend x

...

Aylin's POV

"I did not miss this!" I yell into Naija's ear over the booming club music.

"What do you mean!?" She yells back, "Screaming is the best part!"

I laugh as she grabs another shot, dancing as she downs it with a poker face.

The club is packed tonight. As soon as we arrived here, my body felt clammy from the smokey atmosphere. Oh, the days where I had to wash my hair for twenty whole minutes just to get the smell out. I'm just here for the nostalgia and to show Luke a good time.

"At least come dance with us if you don't want to be left alone with Mark!" She grabs my hands and leads me to the dance floor.

"It's not that I'm scared to be alone with him," I start, mindlessly emulating her body movements. Albeit, she has better rhythm, "he's just a little unpredictable today."

"Tell me about it." She moves behind me in a swift motion, both hands on my waist as we sway to the beat, "Remember, elbows behind the table." She mocks him.

I cover my face with my hands, "I don't know what that was about."

She lets go of me when Luke and Mark return from the bathroom. She wraps her arms around Luke's neck as he offers her some of his drink which she sips on.

"Crazy lines?" I look up at Mark.

"Ridiculous." He nods his head to the beat, still carrying that same drink in his hand from earlier.

I'm starting to believe it's an excuse to not do much dancing, which is pretty smart. I also catch him with a finger plugging his ear since it's so loud in here, which I find pretty endearing. That is until I remember he's probably accustomed to parties on a yacht or cocktail evenings hosted at his mansion.

"You wanna have a twerk off?" Luke asks me.

I merely give him a look, but I use his close proximity to my advantage. Since getting here, we haven't had a moment to catch up, just the two of us.

"Yeah, I wanna dance!" I pull him to the side by his hands.

I overhear Naija mention something to Mark about his drink, probably on his case about how he's just been carrying it around all night. And Naija being Naija, she takes it from him, downs the remains and uses his slack arms to maneuver herself as she twirls. It's amusing to see, but Mark adapts pretty easily, shockingly enough.

"Hi." Luke smiles at me, "How are you? It's been a while."

I chuckle, "It has been. You've been thirsting over my new friend, so we didn't get a chance to chat."

"You ghosted me and left the country." He counters.

"You... make a good point. We're even."

He twirls me around, arms around my stomach in a back hug, "We should catch up." He rests his chin on my shoulder, lowering his voice, "You can start by explaining what's going on between you and Richie Rich over here."

"Nothing's going on." I place my hands over his as we sway, "He's just a friend."

"Just a friend?" He scoffs, "He was all over you today. And you should see the way he looks at you."