12- smitten

• इन्हें समर्पित: seokzin

Was ranking at #14 in #zayn yesterday so here you go! ⭐️

-

Zayn's POV

"Are utilities included?" I hear aunt Zileh ask the agent, making me all the more grateful that I brought her with. I've never rented an apartment on my own before, so I'm not exactly sure what to ask.

I thought we'd just be looking at apartments and talking about prices, but apparently there's much more to it. I know that I should've done my research beforehand and came prepared with a bunch of questions, but I guess that's what my aunt is here for.

I should probably pay attention to what they're talking about, but I can't help but get lost in how sick this flat is. I have a nice view of the trees which would be even better when summer comes around, it's just fifteen minutes from work and also, I can't wait to put my personal touch to it. I'm already able to envision how I'd decorate my room.

The place isn't huge, but it's spacious enough for one person. Once I've been in every room, I make my way over to them again, folding my arms and nodding at whatever the agent is saying. Aunt Zileh's asking about the parking situation for vehicles and the distance for guest spots, things that I wouldn't even think to ask. I'm a little bit embarrassed, honestly.

"There's underground parking. As for guests, they'll have to parallel park in the street." She informs us.

"Does this apartment get a lot of natural lighting?" I inquire. I can't tell since it's overcast today.

"Yes, it does." She responds with a smile.

"Sick, sick." I nod, wondering what else I could ask. "Oh! How pet friendly is this property? Are there dog parks close by?"

"Oh, unfortunately we don't allow pets at all." She informs me and I can't help but sigh in disappointment. The only reason that I never had a pet of my own is because aunt Zileh wouldn't allow a dog living in her home, no matter how small or clean. And I want a dog!

My aunt and I exchange knowing glances. On to the next one.

...

"Well, next time open with that, Zayn." Aunt Zileh scolds. "I can't think of everything."

"They intimidate me." I confess. Being oblivious to what they're discussing makes me feel stupid... and sheltered. "I'm letting the grownups talk."

"Zayn, you are the grownup. If I weren't living here, what would you have done?"

"Be in the U.K." I chuckle slightly, but she's not amused. If I truly were alone here, I wouldn't have a choice but to take more responsibility, but I've been subconsciously slacking since I know my aunt is here to rely on. It's a bad habit.

She shakes her head as we enter the downtown apartment that she suggested. It's a bit fancier than the other one, and a lot pricier. It's merely window shopping at this point.

I hear Aunt Zileh ask about the building allowing pets, and of course this one does. I roll my eyes. If it's not one thing, it's the other. I step outside onto the balcony and take in the city. This is a much better view, but I have to be realistic. Rush hour would suck if I stayed here. I'm a patient guy, but traffic is one thing that absolutely makes me lose my shìt.

I look to my left and spot a girl who's so obviously smoking a joint as she looks down at the city, carelessly swaying to some indie song I don't know.

"Hey!" I call out and she looks my way, not bothering to hide her joint. "I'm pretty sure that's not legal here yet."

"Who cares?" She laughs and so do I. "You moving in here?"

If Time Stands Stillजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें