11- carried away

A nice, long chapter since I'm A LITTLE late 😤😂 love that you guys were eager for this update though! (I didn't do it on purpose 😭) here you go my loves ❤️
-

Zayn's POV

Clinton: Daaaamn look at this one

Clinton: -1 new attachment-

Clinton: She's flames

I grab my phone when I see the attachment. It's a photo of Aylin with two other girls posing in front of the bean statue she was telling me about. They're all attractive, all wearing sun dresses, but Aylin... she really is stunning. In the picture, she's laughing and her hair which is much longer here is blowing wildly all over the place. I find myself smiling briefly, but the fact that Clinton is the one sending it to me immediately ruins it. He's rubbing it in and it's working.

I'm one lucky man, is all I respond with.

Clinton: For tonight

Clinton: It's just one date. There's still time for me to pull a Zayn

I see the messages pop up, but I don't bother responding. He's still on about the thing with Amelia which she initiated. It's all playful bickering, but we know exactly where to poke at each other to evoke a reaction.

Clinton: Bro she's got bikini pics on here

Clinton: Definitely wasn't lying when she said she works out

I might actually hate him right now.

You: you know that purple toothbrush you used?

You: It was used to scrub my shoes. Fūck you

He won't get a rise out of me. Especially not tonight when I'm finally going to get some time alone with Aylin. Nobody else around, nobody to interrupt, just the two of us having a good time together. I check myself out in the mirror, making sure that I look as good as I feel. You can't go wrong with a polo neck and coat.

"Glasses or no glasses?" I move my specs up and down before deciding against it. She's driving after all, so night blindness won't be an issue.

My phone vibrates again and I roll my eyes, expecting another remark from Clinton, but it's not him.

Aylin: I'll be done in 5-10mins

Aylin: Let me know when you're ready princess. Don't wanna leave while you're still busy

Aylin: Short drive and all

I smile slightly.

You: haha im ready

Before leaving my room, I make sure to spritz on some Burberry Brit, put my bracelets and a few rings on and grab my wallet.

"Are you on your way to New York Fashion Week?" Aunt Zileh jokes.

"Too much?" I ask, instinctively looking down at my outfit again.

"No, you look handsome." She compliments, patting my cheek gently. "Okay, maybe the rings..."

"I like my rings." I say defensively as I fidget with them. "I haven't worn them in ages." I can't exactly wear them at work, nor do I go out much for fun and they look way too sick to merely collect dust. "Don't make me second guess myself."

"You'll be wearing more jewelry than her."

"And?"

She chuckles. "You look nice. I'm just messing with you."