85 - romance your pants off

Vote goal 80 on this and the previous chapter 😚

~~~

Aylin's POV

"Ugh," I groan, "I'm so happy."

"Me too." I feel him kiss my head, "I could stand here all day, but I feel left out that I'm the only one who hasn't seen your apartment."

"Oh yeah." I finally pull away, the smile never leaving my face. I can tell my cheeks are going to hurt later, but in the best way.

He has one suitcase with him which he grabs at the door, his free hand entwines with mine, and I can't stop myself from getting all giddy because of it.

It feels like it did the very first time, but sweeter. Much sweeter. I'm glad to know that after all that heartache and yearning, something good came out of this after all.

"You're going to be so jet lagged." I inform him, "I'll have to regulate the apartment for you."

"Oh, so I can stay here?" He teases, smug look on his face.

Of course he wastes no time teasing me, but little does he know, with that smirk on his face and how good he looks, I'm ready to pounce him at any second.

"Yeah, you can take the sofa." I point over at the living room area, and he merely shakes his head with amusement.

"It's perfect." He comments, looking around the place, "Suits you well."

"You think so?" I look his way, examining his side profile as if I've laid eyes on him for the very first time. He's breathtaking.

"Mhm." He smiles when he sees my paintings on the wall, "I'm happy you've been doing this again."

"I had a lot of time." I walk over to one of the chairs that isn't meant for sitting, but rather to stack my canvases of unfinished works, "I couldn't decide which to put up."

"Well, let's go through them and choose."

"No, that can wait." I take his suitcase from him, pulling it as I show him around my little apartment.

He chuckles, "This is exactly what I pictured for your place."

"It's kinda small, but it's enough for one."

"I think it can fit two." He follows me with his hands on my waist. If they're not in my hands, they're elsewhere, but always on me, where they belong.

"This is where I spend most of my time." I show him the balcony, "It's pretty hot today."

"Pretty hot?" He airs himself by fanning his T-shirt, "I'm melting. I haven't showered in almost two days, I think."

I can only imagine the rush to get last minute tickets, pack, get someone to watch the dogs, someone to cover him at work. All that effort for me. I could cry, but I won't. I promised.

"Bathroom's this way." I turn around to show him the way, his suitcase crashing into every wall and piece of furniture in my path.

"I can carry it." He offers, but once we reach my bedroom, I place it under my desk to save space.

I should probably be embarrassed that I didn't tidy up before he got here, but I can't seem to care and he doesn't either. Nothing else matters now that he's finally here.

I know he has plenty that he wants to say as well, but the only thing I want to do is get him out of his clothes and into my bed. We can talk after that.

"This place is beautiful. I didn't get a chance to actually look at it when I left the airport, but now I can see." He stretches his neck as he looks out the window by my bed.