19- balance

"I want all of you, all the strings attached" 🎶

Aylin's POV

"Luke?" I approach him from behind, confused as to why he's at work when he said he's taking the week off.

"Hey!" He turns around, grinning from ear to ear with his Batman coffee mug in hand, "How's it going?"

I step closer to give him a brief hug before rinsing my own one, "I'm great. Why are you at work?"

"I'm in ninja mode, so I'm actually not here." He places his index finger to my lip, "I'm off today, but there was an important meeting this morning, so I figured I'd swing by for a bit since our flight is only at 3."

Well, I guess that explains the jeans.

I shake my head as I move his hand away from my face, "You're crazy. I would never."

He follows me out the kitchen and into the office, "I'm dedicated like that. You wish you had my work ethic."

I snort, "You're just trying to kill time. Have you even packed yet?"

"Duh," he scoffs, leaning against my desk once I've sat down again, "what do you take me for?"

I smile slightly before opening my emails, "Good for you. I don't know how I'm gonna survive a whole week without you."

"You should make more friends." He teases, purposefully fiddling with the leaves on my plant which I've scolded him about numerous times.

I scowl at him and he laughs as he carefully pushes it closer to me.

"I take it back. I won't miss you."

"Aww." He folds his arms, "I'll send you tons of pics of me in my lovely, infinity pool while you're stuck at work."

"I like work." I stick my tongue out at him.

"More than an infinity pool?" He scoffs, "Don't think so."

I chuckle, "I'll be rubbing it in too, when I'm on vacation."

"You're going on vacation? When? Where?"

I nod, "Turkey in June. This time for an actual vacation, not just staying with my thousands of cousins over there."

He laughs.

"Aylin, could you come to the front? There's a package for you." is suddenly announced on the intercom and I frown.

"Oooh, a gift from sugar daddy?" He teases, still oblivious to the situation. I don't think I would ever tell him about that.

I force a laugh, "No, don't be dumb." Fūck, it better not be. "Could you get it for me? Since you're already standing."

He pushes himself off the desk and walks towards reception while I sink back in my seat. I swear, if that's actually from Teagan, I'd flip out.

When Luke returns, he places a cardboard food package on my desk which is already opened, "Sorry, I'm nosy."

I shoot him a glare before peeking inside to see one of my favourite meals. Orange chicken garnished with spring onion, sesame seeds and a slice of orange. My mouth waters.

"I take it the date went well?" He teases.

I frown slightly. There's no note on it, but it only makes sense for this to be from Zayn. Perhaps it was just a lucky guess on his part since I don't recall mentioning to him that I like Orange Chicken.

"It did." I confirm with Luke.

"So you two define the relationship?" He folds his arms.

I shrug, "No labels yet."