89- set in stone

Sorry for the delay. This chapter was a back and forth. I wrote so many versions 😮‍💨 hopefully you enjoy! It's a filler, but lots of Zaylin x

-

~about a week ago ~

Zayn's POV

Fifteen minutes. That's the amount of time I allowed myself to mourn the fact that Aylin is no longer able to come home. After that, I quickly came to the decision that it doesn't necessarily mean I can't see her. Not if I can help it anyway.

After a long conversation convincing my colleagues to cover my shifts, with lots of ass kissing and loaded promises I'll have to deliver when I get back, I finally secured my ticket to New Zealand.

"I can't believe you're doing this." Clinton watches as I walk all over my bedroom to gather whatever I can think of in this moment, "Damn, at least pack it nicely or you'll have to iron it there."

"Clint." I look his way briefly to tell him to shut up and let me think, but I merely shake my head, "What am I forgetting?"

"Toiletries?"

"Got it. Clothes, underwear, shoes..." I look around, "Don't forget to feed them at the right times. Seriously. Set an alarm for it."

"Yeah, relax."

"Please just set the alarm. And don't overfeed them, okay?" I point my finger at him as I speed walk towards my chest of drawers. Socks! I forgot socks.

"Alarm set. Whose to say she'll even wanna see you?"

"She wants to see me." I frown, trying not to let him get into my head, "It's all we've been talking about."

"Let me rephrase. Whose to say she'll wanna see you rock up at her door, unannounced?" He asks, which is... a fair question.

I don't know if she'll appreciate the surprise. It's a gamble. I could tell her, but I'm scared that I might jinx it. Every time I speak something into the universe, it seems to backfire. I don't want to get her hopes up until I've landed on New Zealand soil with my own two feet.

"I don't know, okay?" I drop my shït and rest my hands on my waist, steadying my breath. I didn't realize how worked up I've been all day, and I wish Clint wasn't trying to reason with me right now. I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

He stares at me, expressionless. For Clinton, that's his serious face. Man's never not looking at me without his signature cheeky look.

"I don't know what you want me to tell you. I'm going. I know she wants to see me. I'm sure of it."

"I'm just worried about you." He stands up, "It was hard seeing you so down..."

"Yeah, and that's why I'm doing something about it." I walk past him to grab my ID and wallet.

"When do you leave?"

"In two days."

"Wow." I hear him comment from behind me, "I don't know what to say either. I'm torn between telling you to think it through and not be a dumb ass, or telling you you're crazy brave."

The truth is, I'm afraid to think it through. I don't want to talk myself out of it... but I know I'm not being impulsive. There isn't much to think about when the pros heavily outweigh the cons.

"My mind's set, man." I turn around to face him, "I'm worried about her. She moved over there and I wasn't even on the other side of the line to support her. Doesn't feel good."

Aylin's a strong girl and I know she can handle a lot, but she shouldn't have to. Most of the time, whatever she tells me is just a fraction of what she's feeling, and that's exactly why I'm so worried about her after witnessing her in constant tears. Who knows how hard she's actually taking everything?