15- good taste

Please don't be shy to comment! As much as you guys look forward to updates, I look forward to comments! ENJOYYY XOXO

~

Aylin's POV

Thursday

After a forty minute meeting on brand strategy that I had to present, I walk towards my desk where Luke is sat.

"If you changed my wallpaper again, I swear..." I warn.

"It was someone in my department's birthday," He stands up, holding two vanilla cupcakes, "so I brought you one."

"Ooh, sprinkles. You're the best." I take it from him, "Who's birthday?

"I'm not sure, but a bunch of people are on sick leave, so there were leftovers." He informs me. Things have been slow in our department as well what with everyone coming down with the flu, meaning that those of us who are present has to pick up the slack.

"Everyone's getting sick. I swear, if I come down with something, I'll combust from stress."

"Yeah, I can't afford to get sick either." He agrees, taking a bite of the cupcake which leaves frosting on his upper lip, "Besides, I'm taking a week off next week. My dad's got a conference in Malaysia, so we're all taking a trip with him."

"That's so exciting!" I swipe my finger over the frosting for a taste, "Are you looking forward to it?"

"Yes and no. I haven't been to Malaysia yet, so it should be great. On the other hand, my step brothers are tagging along and we'll be sharing a room."

"You said you get along with them though." I frown as I take a seat.

"Yeah, but they snore and now I can't... jerk off." He whispers, "for a week! Do you have any idea how hard that is?"

"Pun intended?" I ask through a chuckle.

He laughs, "No, but that would've made it funnier."

The moment dies down when I spot Teagan walking over, instantly making my stomach turn. Luke shoots me an apologetic look as he pats my shoulder.

"I'll be fine. Go." I assure him and he does just that. I haven't told him what happened and I doubt I ever will. I love Luke, but he's a blabbermouth. Wherever there's gossip, there's Luke. He'll never start rumours, but he'll always listen and share them with me. I can't trust him to not repeat what I tell him, so our conversations are rarely about work or people we both know. It's not worth the risk of getting in trouble.

He places an empty coffee mug on my desk and I frown as I look up at him. I swear he just gets weirder every day.

"Next time your boyfriend visits, please tell him not to leave coffee mugs around. Especially not in staff only areas."

We must have forgotten about it when I rushed him out of the games room. Shit. It's not a big deal, but I hate slipping up. It gives Teagan all the more reason to interact with me which I'm trying my best to avoid.

"It won't happen again." is all I respond with.

He nods, "How did the meeting go?"

"It went well. I've emailed you the overview and I was just about to forward the feedback."

"Good."

"I thought you'd be in the meeting." I state.

"We had another meeting scheduled at the same time. You always catch me up with it anyway. I'm grateful for that, it saves me time."