33- uncertainty

"I just wanna ease your mind and make you feel alright" 🎶

Aylin's POV

"I really don't get why you have to do that now." I hear Luna say before taking a seat on my bed where I'm sorting my suitcase for the Seattle trip.

I've been to Seattle before when I was younger. I used to accompany dad on business trips all the time while mom was home with baby Luna.

"Because I'm gonna be too tired after work, obviously."

She chuckles, stirring her bowl of Cheerios, "You leave today and come back on Sunday. You're so extra."

"That's why it's a small suitcase." I roll my eyes.

"You leaving right after work or coming here first?"

The plan was to come home, shower, then leave to Zayn's or his aunt's house right down the street, but now that I think about it, maybe it would be easier to shower at his.

"Right after." I zip up the suitcase and grab my handbag, "You ready?"

Today I'm in charge of taking Luna to school, so I expect to have my head talked off for the next fifteen or so minutes, depending on traffic. We make our way to my car and drive off, windows misting up from the cold within seconds.

"Are you excited for the trip!?" She shakes my arm.

"Of course. Two nights away from you." I tease, "Seriously though, I can't believe they're actually letting me go."

"Yeah, after your boyfriend had to ask their permission and include that his aunt will be there for parental supervision." She continues to poke fun at me, but it's no lie.

"Don't remind me. That was so embarrassing." I shake my head, "If you can keep your grades up in college, you'll avoid a big mess. I doubt they'll let you stay on campus because of my example."

She shakes her head, "That was a long time ago. They can be so unreasonable sometimes."

"Sometimes?" I scoff, "Like, I'm glad dad's been trying to mend our relationship, but at the same time, I'm still so... suffocated in the house. I love that I'm still living with you, but I can't do this for the rest of the year. No way."

Somehow, some way, I'll make a plan to get myself out of here. I have to think about it wisely like I did before Zayn came into my life and distracted me, in a good way.

"They always said they'd let us stay together." She reminds me.

"Still would be under dad's roof." I counter, "His apartment. That would come with conditions and I don't want that. I don't want to be living in a place where they could just rock up at any moment and barge in whenever."

"What if you pay rent? He'd have to back off and treat you like a regular tenant."

"It's just not the same, Luna." I groan, "God, I thought they'd get off my back once you got older, so I can pass that torch onto you, but no." I look her way, "They're way less strict on you. Please tell me how that works?"

She shrugs uncomfortably, seemingly apologetic although she has no reason to be. I know it's not her fault.

"I'm just ranting. Sorry." I pinch her cheek, "It was a rhetorical question."

"Okay, crazy pants." She smiles as she undoes her seat belt to put on her backpack, "Enjoy the trip."

"Don't get up to anything sneaky while I'm gone."