61- try again

Zayn's POV

I don't know what miracle concoction Aylin's been slipping in my tea, but I woke up as if I wasn't almost dying three or so days ago.

Taking advantage of my speedy recovery, I hop out of bed and head straight to my curtains which I slide open for sunlight to filter through. With a deep inhale, I look up at the cloud-scattered sky, admiring the birds flying by. It's going to be a good day.

I strip down from yesterday's sweat drenched clothes and head to the shower shortly after, scrubbing myself from head to toe and shaving everything that requires manscaping.

Once I've finished, I brush my teeth before patting my face dry to trim my beard. While looking in the mirror, I apply moisturizer to my face before pampering the rest of my body.

As I step out, I grab my favourite pink T-shirt and ripped jeans since I plan on stepping out later. While towel drying my hair, I check my phone which shows that's it's almost eleven. That explains why the house is so peaceful. They're probably out for a family drive. Why wouldn't they wake me?!

Just as that thought crosses my mind, there's a gentle knock on my door which immediately has me sitting up straight. If it were my parents or any of my sisters, they would have barged in with no consideration.

The door opens slightly and in peeks Aylin whose eyes widen immediately upon seeing me.

"Oh, you're already up." She pushes the door open, revealing a tray with fruit salad, two slices of toast, more tea and of course, medication and vitamins, "I thought I'd surprise you with breakfast in bed."

"My bad for ruining it." I playfully pull the sheets over my lap, "I'm in bed now."

She smiles as she takes a seat beside me in her robe still, "You look a lot better."

"I feel a lot better."

"I'm glad." She opens the window slightly, "Oh, should I leave it closed until you dried your hair?"

"No, it's fine." I pat the space beside me, "Sit. Let's talk."

She winces as she takes a seat beside me, "Right now? I thought you were still asleep... I just wanted you to eat and enjoy. Besides, I'd rather deal with you on a full stomach." She jokes.

"Smart." I take a spoonful of fruit in my mouth, "You eat already?"

"Just toast."

"Have a strawberry." I pick one from the bowl and hold it to her mouth, "It's sweet."

She rolls her eyes at me before enclosing her mouth around the red fruit, the mere graze of her lips on my fingertips setting fire to my nerves. The innocent moan of satisfaction doesn't help either.

"Much better than the oranges." She comments.

"Right?" I absentmindedly place my hand on her thigh, but her muscle noticeably twitches at the contact, "It's just me, no need to be tense." I give her a slight squeeze.

"I didn't know how to read you these past few days. I thought things were still weird." She sits back with her elbows for support.

"I get it..." I caress her thigh slowly, "But nobody's mad anymore. We just have to talk."

"Exactly. We still have to talk." She places her hand on mine, not to stop it, but to trace the ink there, "So whatever you're doing—"

"You want me to stop?" I raise a brow at her.

She removes her hand from mine, looking me dead in the eye as she says, "I never want you to stop."

And just like that, my brain turns to mush and the only thing I know to do is to go in for a kiss. Instinctively, her lips move in sync with mine just as eagerly. The softness of her lips, her taste, I can't believe I've deprived myself of this.