91- life goes on

- 2 months later -

Zayn's POV

00:32

I sit up on the couch, holding my head up with my hand since I keep dozing as I wait on Aylin to finish doing whatever it is that's she's doing.

Instead of calling me when she's ready, I've been looking at a black screen with shuffling noises for the past two minutes.

"Okay, I'm in my apartment now." I hear her say before revealing her face, "I left immediately when I finished work."

Obviously I'm glad to talk to her, but I wasn't expecting a last-minute call from her at this hour. It's been a long day and I can't keep my eyes open, but apparently, this was urgent.

And no, I'm not being a dick about it when I say apparently. Aylin's being paranoid again and stressing herself out, which in turn, stresses me out.

"Okay, I'm going to the bathroom." She rushes through the passageway and then I'm staring at the ceiling light before hearing her relieve herself. Number one, of course.

It's almost laughable, but I hold back on making any comments since she's convinced herself that she's been having certain symptoms.

This was last month, and when I brought up the possibility of it being her period, I got hung up on for about ten minutes before she cooled off and called again to apologize. The snappiness almost convinced me too, not gonna lie, but she called back to let me know that it was her period after all.

"Now we wait." She says before flushing.

It's about a month later, meaning it's time for her period again since her cycle's been fairly regular. Which is why I'm confused as to why I'm sat up, struggling to keep my eyes open for a panic-call when she should know that it's PMS again.

I hear the water running, and then she sets the phone up on the sink.

"Anyways, how was your day?" She asks while fidgeting with her hands and pacing.

"Pretty long. Mondays usually are, but I'll fill you in this weekend. Yours?"

"Same." She bites her lip, eyes fixed on the pregnancy test.

"Babe, it's going to be negative. This is your second test in two months."

She expels a breath, "It could've been too soon the first time."

"But you had your period after and saw a doctor." I remind her calmly, "It's negative."

"I know it is, but I just need to be sure."

She knows it is and yet here we are. I sit back against the couch.

If I knew the repercussions of having unprotected sex would be this, I would have worn a rubber. It's not like I didn't pull out and she didn't take the pill after. We were careful.

I don't see how a negative test, a period, and a doctor's visit isn't reassuring enough, but I don't bother reasoning with her. I learned the hard way that I can't have any opinion, even when they're factual, when it comes to this or she'll just shut me up by calling me a man.

It was almost an argument last month, but it turned out pretty funny after all. I told her that I might be a man, but I am a doctor too. She then responded with, 'am I an animal, Zayn?' with a dead-serious expression, and after a moment of silence, we both bursted out in laughter and dropped the subject altogether. 

"Okay, my timer went off." She takes a deep breath before revealing the stick to me first, which indeed shows negative.

"Congrats."