8 - position

Aylin's POV

You: Thank you for being there for me last night. Really needed it

I decided to shoot Zayn a text to let him know that I appreciated him comforting me. Usually I prefer dealing with my shìt on my own, but he made me feel better and seeing him again is something that I'm really looking forward to.

My work phone rings and I answer it immediately. "Good d-"

"Aylin." I hear Teagan's voice on the other end and I roll my eyes. "Could we move our meeting up to 2pm? I've got to be somewhere at 3."

Of course I can't say no. Even though I was just about to respond to some more high priority emails, I have to agree to meeting him earlier which will mess up my entire schedule for the day.

"That's in fifteen minutes." I say, "Uh, I've got some really important emails-"

"Our meeting is important." He says sternly. Whoever he's been with must have pissed him off. There's only been two other incidents where he'd be short with me, so now I'm not looking forward to this meeting even more.

"2 it is." is all I say and he hangs up. Can I ever catch a break? Since complaining about this won't help me in any way, I decide to answer as many emails as I possibly can in 10 minutes. That is until Zayn texts me back.

Zayn: anytime :)

Zayn: chat later? kinda busy rn

Zayn: gotta do an xray on this lil guy

Zayn: cant take a pic but its a jack russel

I chuckle.

You: It's okay! Just wanted to let you know

You: Fix the little guy

You: I've got a meeting now too, talk to you later

...

Not only am I annoyed that Teagan forced me to change my schedule, but he made me wait for him until he was done chatting to the mail man for fifteen minutes- Precious time that could have been used to respond to enough emails before leaving.

Usually out of office meetings is a treat. Today we were supposed to get coffee down the road while discussing ways to educate the rest of the company on content strategy and key performance indicators- but no. Teagan decided that he needed a drink, so now we're heading to a pub instead. A business meeting... in a pub.

"You're quiet." He points out.

The hell am I supposed to say?

"Figured we wait until we're sat down so we can discuss everything and possibly makes some notes." I tell him as formally as I can, so he knows that this is still strictly professional despite the fact that we're getting drinks.

"Smart girl. That's what I like about you."

The comment makes my skin crawl, but I guess it's a good thing that he's not pissed off anymore.

"We have a lot to discuss."

"Yes, we do. I thought of some stuff that could be brought up in next week's strategy team meeting regarding revenue generation. There's also this pitch meeting-"

"Why don't we save it for the pub?" He cuts me off and I prevent myself from rolling my eyes. Rude bįtch.

I don't say anything. I sit there, looking out the window to distract myself. I'm becoming sick and tired of having to bite my tongue because of older men with power. He reminds me so much of my dad, which makes everything all the more disturbing.