40- eye to eye

Edited and republished 😅 (scroll to A/N if you've already read it)

-

Aylin's POV

The cold air on my leg causes me to stir awake, so I bring it back under the sheets and snuggle up to Zayn's... pillow. My eyes open and he's nowhere in sight, but there is a blue sticky note on my arm that reads;

Didn't wanna wake you my love. Join me on the balcony when you're up

A smile stretches on my face as I sit up and stretch my body briefly before checking my phone which surprisingly contains no texts from either of my parents. There's no way they're still asleep, so I'll probably get an earful later- though I don't seem to care much. After letting loose last night, it's as if I came to realize just how pointless it is worrying about what they'll think because of one slip up years ago.

Once I've climbed out of Zayn's comfortable bed, I head to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. Thereafter, I look around for moisturizer and turn out pleasantly surprised to see that he actually has a day cream with SPF and a vitamin C sebum which I gladly make use of.

When I open the door, I bump right into him and he laughs, "Morning, you. How'd you sleep?"

"Good, actually." I smile, "The fact that you have good skincare products made my morning."

"Thank Doniya for conjuring up a skincare routine for me." He smiles back, "I'm glad you're up. I was just about to wake you, 'cause the breakfast is done."

"Good timing then."

"And you might wanna put this on." He removes his robe and hands it over for me to wear, "There's a bit of a chilly breeze out, but it's quite a nice day." He adjusts the garment and ties the belt for me.

With his hand to my lower back, he leads me to the balcony where the coffee table is now placed with a pitcher of orange juice, plates and cutlery.

"You have a seat. I'm gonna get the stuff and lay it all out." He instructs just before face palming himself, "How did I forget a table cloth? Do you mind taking this off while I get it?"

I chuckle, "No problem."

He laughs, "I'm still a bit tired. This was supposed to go a lot smoother."

"Don't worry about it." I cup his cheek before kissing the other, "You're the best."

He pecks my lips before heading off to the kitchen, while I remove everything from the coffee table. He was right about the weather. It's a bit chilly, but the sky is clear and the I'm certain it'll get warmer throughout the day.

When he returns, he lays the tablecloth down first and we both place everything back. He then brings out a stack of delicious pancakes- which I'm starting to believe is his favourite- sliced up grapefruit and blueberries, a bowl of oats with almonds and banana, and lastly, a hot cup of coffee which I help myself to first.

After my first sip, I lower the cup where Zayn just sits there smiling at me, "What?"

"I could get used to this."

"You making me breakfast?" I smile, "I agree."

"Would've brought it in bed, but I figured it's a nice day."

I nod and take another sip, "And you got my coffee just right."

He shoots me a wink, "And I totally didn't get the pancakes from the iHop a few streets away."

I chuckle, "I can't believe you had time to run out this morning."

"You sleep like the dead." He teases.