25- speedy recovery

☝🏼 Luke ☝🏼

Sorry for being a day late! I was exhausted this weekend and also did an escape room!

~

Zayn's POV

Red lights and sirens are all I'm able to process. Everything is a blur once the car door swings open and my foot hits the ground. Rushing to the scene, I feel my pulse spike and my limbs become numb, as if my brain is on autopilot mode.

The sight of Aylin's car with a smashed in door has my heart dropping to my stomach, stirring up mixed emotions in my gut. I knew I shouldn't have let her go in her panicky state. She was in no condition to drive and now things are worse. Now her mother and sister have not one, but two family members to worry about and the worst part is that it could have been easily prevented.

Why didn't I chase after her!?

All thoughts come to a halt when the crowd disperses, time standing still as I see her unconscious body being carried away on a stretcher.

No. No. No! This can't be real. This cannot be real. It isn't real! There's no way.

I rush toward the paramedics, but get stopped by a bunch of others who refuse to allow me into the ambulance van.

"I-I'm-I'm her boyfriend!" I finally blurt out.

"Sir, you're hysterical."

"What happened? Is she going to be alright?"

"She's losing a lot of blood, so we can't disclose-"

"Tell me!" I grip onto his shoulders, feeling a hot sting as my eyes well up with tears.

"Zayn?" I hear a voice, so I turn around to identify the person, "Are you okay?"

Looking around frantically, I realize that the scene of the accident has disappeared and it's then when my eyes open and I'm awoken  in the comfort of my own bedroom.

With a huge sigh of relief, I sit up and spot my sister standing by my door, "Bad dream?"

"Fūcking nightmare." I toss the sheets off and head towards the bathroom since I've worked up a sweat tossing and turning all night.

What a twisted game to be played on the vulnerable, unconscious mind.

Once I've brushed my teeth, I splash cold water on my face to snap myself out of the aftermath, getting some hair wet in the process.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" Doniya questions when I've stepped out of the bathroom, yawning.

I shake my head, "Barely."

I've been stirring in bed all night, unable to fall asleep for more than a half hour at a time. It's already 12pm and I haven't heard back from Aylin yet which makes me nervous all over again.

"Zayn?"

"Mhm." I look up at my sister once I've sat down.

"I asked what you want for breakfast... or lunch."

"Don't worry about it." I respond, glancing at my phone's screen which only contains some messages from family members.

"You have to eat."

"I'll make something when I'm hungry." I assure her since she's giving me that look.

I'm curious about the state of her dad, but Aylin hasn't texted me that she's safe last night which makes me a bit more stressed over her. I don't know if she was in any condition to drive last night and the thought that something might've happened to her is killing me.