32- fun fact

Aylin's POV

"Great weekend, huh?" Luke appears at my desk in a red hoodie and our coffee mugs in his hands.

I look up at his grinning face and shake my head, "You're kidding, right?"

"Kinda." He hands me my mug while taking a seat next to my keyboard, "Would've been more fun without Audrey and Adam there."

"Tell me about it." I take a much needed sip to kick-start my day.

"What did you get up to yesterday?"

"Absolutely nothing." I sigh blissfully, "I took another bubble bath, mom made Sunday lunch and then I went back to bed. You?"

"Same. What did your mom make?"

"A heart-healthy lasagna. It was pretty good."

"Can't believe I wasn't invited."

"I've seen you enough these past few days." I look him up and down, taking in his laid-back look, "What's with the casual wear?"

"I'm not going to be in the office at all today. We're gonna do a photo shoot downtown, so I'll probably see you later... or tomorrow.

"Boo." I pout.

"Thought you said you've seen enough of me." He hops off the desk to give me a hug, but just before walking off, James approaches us with a new girl following behind.

Luke squeezes my shoulder. It's his way of indicating to me that he finds someone attractive. Usually, the harder the squeeze, the hotter the person and right now, the hold he has on my shoulder is pretty tight, but I can definitely see why. She's tall and slim with long, blonde locks flowing down to her tailbone, sporting a simple pencil skirt, blouse and a brown leather jacket with fur around the neckline. She definitely knows how to make an entrance.

"She's beautiful, but not really your type." I mutter to Luke while they're still a few feet away. She's striking, whereas Luke tends to go for the more reserved type when it comes to women.

"Beautiful is my type." He answers, which for the most part is true.

"This is Luke and Aylin." James stops in front of my desk, gesturing toward us, "They're never apart."

"But we're also not together." Luke clarifies quickly before extending his arm forward, "Luke."

"Nice to meet you. Samantha." She introduces herself, shaking his hand.

"You too." His hold lingers on her hand even though the introductions are out of the way. It's like I can feel his nervousness beside me.

"Hey, Samantha." I wave, keeping it simple.

"Aylin." She smiles back, "You guys can just call me Sam. Can I get my hand back?"

"Right." Luke chuckles nervously, but surprisingly saves it by turning her hand over and saying, "Just wanted to say that I like your manicure. Pastel looks good on you."

Smooth. I glance at her nails which consists of multiple colours, but it works on her.

"Oh, wow." She gives him an impressed look, "I don't get that often from guys."

"I got an eye for beauty." He finally lets go of her hand.

Okay, Luke. Tone it down.

She giggles at his cheesy response, but it's that giggle that girls do when they're into somebody. I gotta give it to my friend. I really didn't think he had it in him.

James and I exchange glances before he places a hand on her upper back and leads her toward our co-workers.

Once she's gone, he lets out a breath, "I'm an idiot."