1. Accident

Narrator:

-Mom, can't you go? I don't want to leave the house right now. - A girl complained, reading a book.

-Aren't you excited about going to Hogwarts? Many boys and girls would jump up and down if they received that letter. - Her mother said, standing by the door.

Seeing her daughter did not reply, she sighed. It was strange she didn't want to go buy stuff for school with her.
-In fact, I didn't ask you if you wanted to come. You have to choose your wand... Well, the wand chooses you. - The woman entered Cora's bedroom, snatching the book away. - I'll give it to you when we're there.

[...]

-Isn't this exciting?  - The woman asked after arriving at Diagon Alley.

-Mhm... Can I have my book back? - The girl asked, impatient.

As promised, her mother gave her her book.
-I'll go buy your books for this year. I'll be right back. - She left, leaving Cora entertained with her reading.

Cora only walked with no specific destiny. She wasn't paying attention to anything that was happening around her... That was until two boys noticed her.

The girl bumped into someone. However, she did not look up from her book, and continued her way.
-Watch where you're going. - She grunted.

-Sorry! - That person apologised.

Cora sat on a bench outside the store where her mother was supposed to be.

She felt like someone was chattering, but ignored it. Still, she couldn't concentrate.

She shut the book, and looked up.
-What do you want?

The redheaded, identical, twin boys got startled by seeing Cora.

She had each eye of a different colour. One eye brown, and the other one blue. Seeing such reaction, Cora kept reading her book. She didn't want anyone to start making fun of her.
-Such pair of eyes! - Of of the boys exclaimed. - Do you really have each one of a different colour?

-Fred! Don't be so direct! - The other one said. - Forgive my brother. He's an idiot.

Cora chuckled softly. They were funny.
-Doesn't matter. - She assured, still not looking at them.

Fred and George glanced at each other. That girl was so weird.
-Are you going to Hogwarts? - One of them asked.

-What do you care? - The girl retorted.

-There you are... And who are your new friends? - Her mother asked, looking at the twins.

-They're not my friends. Can we go now? - Cora stood up and walked away with her eyes hooked to the pages of her book.

-Sorry about Cora's behavior... - The woman apologised to Fred and George. - She wasn't like this before.

-It's all right, miss. - George smiled.

-We're going to Hogwarts, as well. - Fred said.

-That's fantastic. - The woman smiled. - You're Weasleys, if I'm not mistaken?

-Yes. - The twins affirmed in unison.

-Well, then tell your mother that Amelia Fianze says hi. - She told them. - And I'm sorry for my daughter's behavior again.

Cora's mother left along with the girl. Meanwhile, Fred and George were talking to their mother.
-Mom, Amelia Fianze told us to say hi for her. - George spoke.

-How do you know her? - Fred asked.

Molly smiled.
-Amelia Fianze was one of my best friends in Hogwarts. Although, she was a Hufflepuff. - She told her sons. - If I'm not wrong, she has a boy and a girl, right? I think they were twins...

Fred and George looked at each other.
-There was no boy, Mom. - Fred replied.

-We only met Cora. - George said.

Cora's pov:

-I can't believe you've been so rude with those kids. - I didn't look at my mother. - What? Now you're not gonna speak?

-No. - I replied before resuming my reading.

When we arrived at the house, I went directly to my room. I closed the door and stretched on my bed.
-How I wish you were here with me. - I hugged my cushion.

I missed Erik. I missed him so much.

Narrator:

While Cora was in her bedroom, Amelia found herself in the living room. It has been years since her son's death.

She stared at the photo where Cora and Erik were in a park, playing.

Tears began falling, but she had to be strong upon everything. She knew Cora's behavior had to do with the accident. The one which she felt she was guilty for.

Since that moment, since the moment Erik perished, the Fianze family was never the same again.

Cora's father left one day, and never came back. Amelia didn't do the effort of searching for him. She didn't want to feel forced to be with someone.

Cora, on the other hand, stopped being that girl who loved making jokes, going out to play, meeting new people... She was now stuck with herself, she was cold, she didn't want to be with anyone. She only read and read every time.

That's why her mother, seeing those two redheaded boys, thoughts things would change. Cora would start befriending the students at Hogwarts. But seeing her daughter like that... she wasn't sure she would get the old Cora back.

[...]

Amelia and Cora found themselves waiting in the platform 9 3/4.
-Look, darling. The train's about to arrive. - The woman pointed, excited.

Cora did not respond.
-Write to me every week, okay? - The girl nodded. - I love you. Never forget it. Take care of yourself. - Amelia kissed her daughter's head to which Cora pulled away.

-Please. Not in public. - Cora pushed her mother away. - Goodbye. - She boarded the train.

Inside, she searched for an empty wagon. She wanted to be alone.

When she finally found one, she felt relieved. She could get away from everyone at last.

-Occupied? - A boy asked. He seemed older. Cora couldn't answer, given that he entered anyway.

The girl rolled her eyes and resumed her reading.
-I can see you like to read. I like it, as well. Altough, not as much as you. - He chuckled.

Cora glanced at him. Why was that boy speaking to her?
-Hey, I know you. - He realised after awhile. - Yeah, I know who you are. - He affirmed.

The girl sighed. Couldn't he just shut up?
-You're that girl from the alley who bumped into me. - The boy reminded her. - I said I was sorry, remember?

-Yes. And you're very annoying. - Cora spoke, still looking at the pages.

-Sorry. I'm Cedric Diggory. - He presented himself. The girl noticed how the boy extended his hand. She didn't have any bad manners, so she had to take it.

When she looked at him, she frowned. He hadn't said nothing about her eyes. He wasn't startled...
-Cora Fianze. - She spoke, a bit insecure.

Cedric just gave her a friendly smile, and kept talking to her during the whole ride while Cora just listened. At least she stopped reading. Cedric thought.