34. Black Lake

Cedric:

It was decided. I had to convince Cora I am a good guy, and that I won't hurt her.

There were two days left until my sixth term ended... and I had to demonstrate her I didn't want to lose her.

She was reading. Mmerling, I could stare at her for hours. She transmits such tranquility... Still, I had to stick to the plan.

I approached carefully and sat by her side. Cora didn't look up, as always, but I was already used to it.
-So how was your day? - I asked her, to which she glanced at me.

-What do you want, Cedric? I'm reading... Hey, give it back. - Yes, I had taken the book away. - You don't want the events from the other day to repeat... do you?

This time, I got up, and handed her a broom.
-Let's make a race. If you win, I'll give it back. If you lose, you'll have to convince me. - I smirked.

-You're really annoying, you know? - She grabbed the broom. - Why are you doing this?

I was about to answer... I really was, but something stopped me, so I flew away.
-Hey, that's cheating! I don't even know where we're going! - She exclaimed from behind me.

-By the Black Lake!

-The Black Lake? Where's that? - I decreased my speed. Did she seriously not know where it was? - You won't catch me, Diggory!

-Cheater! - I yelled after realising she had tricked me. if she was playing dirty, so was I.

I approached her, and, with my free hand, I grabbed her broom.
-That's a foul, Cedric. - She laughed.

I adored her smile. I've been blind for years to not realise I had always fancied my best friend.

I held her broom close to mine, and she looked at me. A goosebump passed through my entire body, and, as always, I got nervous.

-What are you intending? - Cora smiled.

-I... - But she flew away at maximum speed, leaving me behind with a stupid face.

I arrived, and she had already crossed her arms, lifting up an eyebrow.
-My book. - She extended her hand.

I acted as if I was giving it to her, but lift up my arm. And, because she was shorter than me, it was impossible for her to grab it... unless...

-Cedric, don't be a loser and give it back. - She even started jumping to try and catch it.

We were very close now, and loved it. It was as if I needed her the whole time.

-I believe this book is mine now. - But then, she stopped trying, and scoffed.

-This is useless. - Cora sat on the ground. - Today was supposed to be a calm day to just read.

I sat beside her.

-The lake looks quite pretty today... - But when I turned, she had a smile on her face. She jummped over me, taking the damn book, leaving us in the same position as the other day. - That's cheating, you know? - I laughed.

-Oh, sure. Like you did with the broom. Not very sporty from you. - She sat up. - I have to go now. I told Adrian I'd give his book back.

-Wait, that's his book? - Cora nodded. - Why didn't you tell me? - I made a disgusted face, to which she chuckled. - But why don't you want to stay with me?

-It's not that I don't. Things between us are just so tense right now. - She hugged the book against her chest.

-Let's make them less tense, then. Tell what bothers or concerns you. - I crossed my arms.

-Okay, so... have you seen Cho in the hallways? She looks like Moaning Myrtle... In exchange, you are here with me. What tells me you won't do the same?

-Hold on, hold on... are you supposing I want something with you? - My smile was imppossible to hide.

-WHAT?! Why do you say that?! I don't... I mean, you... - She began saying meaningless words, blushing, which made her look even cuter. - The thing is... - I cut her off.

-The thing is that you like me. - To which she lift both her eyebrows.

-Excuse me? Who said I like you? Why do you even suppose that? - She approached in a threatening way, but she seemed way more cute now. - Are you listening?!

I was just smiling. Only one step forward was needed for us to kiss. Cora kept talking about the reasons why she didn't like me, but she was red like a tomato at the same time.

The only thing I wanted to do in that moment ha already been tried, and hadn't turned out well... Although...

-Incredible, you even think you can come out of nowhere and take my book, besides from cheating at the race, which, by the way, I won, and say you want to talk? Now what? You tell me I like you? What do you expect me to do? That I say yes, now kiss me!... - Have I heard correctly?

-You want me to kiss you? - Cora looked at me, hit me with the book.

-Out of everything I'm saying, you only focus on that?! Looks like you're the one in love with me.

-You think I don't? Because I've left it quite clear... Cora, I'm mad for you, and right now I'm conatinning my desire to kiss you. Want me to say it louder? - I smiled by seeing how her nerves increased and put the book down.

-Don't say shit stuff. - She began, and I was tired of it. I ended the only space between us and kissed her, with the difference thats Cora was now responding... It was a dream.

How I would kill to do that everyday... And when our lungs asked for air, we pulled away, and she looked down.

-I've left you speechless, for what I see.

-Is it real... what you just did and said?

-How many times must I repeat it? I adore you, and I'm lying. I couldn't be capable of playing with your feelings.

Cora smiled, which meant she wasn't mad.
-All right, I believe you. But I have to go now... I'll see you at dinnertime. - And she kissed my cheek.

She hopped on her broom, and left with the world's best sensation. There was no doubt at all that Cora knew how to drive me crazy.