55. Remember

Narrator:

Torture.

That's what Umbridge was making us go through. A period of torture.

-I'm sick of this. - Cora spoke.

She and the twins decided to comfort the younger childrn who went through that monster's medieval punishments.
-Is it clear now? Naughty children... must be punished. - Umbridge smiled arrogantly.

-You know, George. I've always thought our future lays outside the academic achievemt... 'Know what I mean?

-Fred, I've been thinking exactly the same thing.

-Can I know what you'll do now? - Cora asked, crossing her arms.

Fred and George shared and glance, and nodded.
-Cora... our time at Hogwarts has ended. - George began.

-Yeah, we want to open our business soon as possible. - Fred continued. - Sorry, but...

The girl hugged them both. She knew they had to leave Hogwarts, and she knew it would hurt. But that wasn't the matter. If they were happy, she would support them in anything.
-I'll miss you, you know? - She was on the verge of tears.

-Cora... don't make this even more difficult. - George smiled.

They accepted it or not, Cora was too important for them.

-Besides... we'll see you when the term ends. - Fred reminded.

-I know. - The girl pulled away. - I just... still remember the first day we met. Rather the day you spoke to me... And blimey, how you've changed me.

-How can we forget? You were shorter than you are now. - The youngest twin messed uo her hair.

-Yeah, I remember you saying we weren't your friends, and just left... Although, you cannot say the same now.

-Thank you for everything, boys. - Cora wiped the tears that had fallen.

That's how they spent the rest of the day. Cora helped the twins with the final touches for their epic farewell. It had to be perfect, according to the girl. And deafening.

They wanted the name Weasley to be remembered.

[...]
Cora:

I was in potions class with Adrian. But the twins weren't here.

I knew the moent of their lives had arrived.

Suddenly, everyone heard a big explosion from afar.
-What was that? - Snape asked.

-May I go check, professor? - To which he nodded in approval.

Arriving at thw Great Hall, they still hadn't finished with their spectacle.

-Ready, Fred?!

-Ready, George!

And they threw the box with the dragon into the air.

It was basically a dragon made of fireworks that could move,

It aimed for Umbridge, who didn't hesitate in running. But it was in vane because the firework exploded before she could get out, shattering all the norms she had hung up.

Fred and George flew out of the castle.
-AND REMEMBER! WEASLEY WIZARDING WHEEZES WILL OPEN SOON!

-YOU'LL GET A DISCOUNT IF YOU USE OUR PRODUCTS TO PRANK UMBRIDGE!

Everybody was applauding and cheering. They were truly unforgettable, just like their goodbye from Hogwarts.

And now? I had to survive the rest of the term on my own.

[...]
Narrator:

Cora found herself in the library, alone.

Jeremy was with Jason at the moment, so... she had no one left to hang out with. And who's better than yourself?

As she wrote one of the many essays and presentations she had due, she started to remember.

Cora had changed amazingly.

Tons.

But for good. Fate wanted her to find marvelous people. And that's what happened.

She was lucky, she felt like she owed them her own life. Because, without them, she would've been lost. Alone.

Tears began falling down.

Cora had lost her brother, and her mother because of her... father.

However, she still had fought through... with everyone's help. One way or another.

Cora learned not to trust anyone, no matter how innocent they seem... thanks to Cho and Elizabeth.

She had learned it's great to be different and unique, thanks to her friend Luna.

She's also learned to not listen to the hate or envy comments, thanks to Crabbe, Goyle, Angelina, among others.

Cora thought of Fleur, as well. What's been of her life? She missed her and her friends who always accompanied her.

And then, we had Jeremy... who's been supporting her every single moment that passed, although she didn't listen at first... he still never turned his back on her.

Now,  we had the Weasleys, the family that welcomed her as one of them who'd given her affection and love. They absolutely helped her in uncountable obstacles...

And most importantly, Cedric. Even it was a dare at the start... that's what fate wanted. Fate wanted them to be together... and after many fights and arguments... it always ended with an apology.

Cedric changed her perspective of the world. Both had created a special bond... like how the Divination teacher predicted... true love.

Words they didn't value at the moment.

Once Cora wiped off her tears and finished her work, she went to the common room. The previous days have been... agitating.

Suddenly, the girl heard sobs coming from Moaning Myrtle's bathroom.

-Why are you crying? You shouldn't...

-LEAVE ME ALONE!

-Oh, boy... you look so broken. Both ouside and inside.

-I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK I'M BROKEN. I TOLD YOU TO GO AWAY!

-If that's what you want...

Cora approached, and found the person she least expected in that situation.
-Draco?

The guy turned around immediately, wiping the tears running over his pale skin.
-Go away!

-What happened? - Cora ignored that fact that Draco was just insulting her.

The boy was having a terrible time.

-I told you to piss off! It's none of your business!

-The truth is that his father was sent to Askaban... - Myrtle spoke. - He's crying it off.

-I'm just angry. - Draco told Cora. - And no, I'm not crying. - He tried getting out, but the girl was faster and hugged him.

Draco didn't know what to do. I don't need a hug, he thought.

But seconds later, he broke down, clunging onto her with all his strength. He was inmensely hurt.

-Sorry about your father.

The guy pulled away, and looked at her.
-Don't be sorry. Thanks for worrying, but you don't have to.

Cora smiled kindly. He certainly had much pride.
-Okay.

-Not even a word about this. - He warned, returning to his usual posture.

-My lips are shut. - She rolled her eyes.

That day, Cora also realised not everyone is what they seem, thanks to Draco Malfoy.

Marathon 2/4