27. Cedric and Cho

Narrator:

Summertime was hard not only for Cora, but for the Weasleys.

The twins were constantly with her, not wanting the Cora from first year come back. But still, the girl was having a hard time.

Fifth term wouldn't have a good start, apparently. Cedric and Cho were closer now... something that wouldn't become his best friend at all.

-Guys! Hurry up or we're losing the train! - Molly called. - Ron! Careful with Scabbers. - The rat Ron constantly lost.

When Mrs. Weasley said goodbye to Cora and watched how she boarded the train, she turned to Fred and George.
-My boys... - She hugged her sons. - I'm asking you to take care of Cora. I know you're two of the few people that can make her laugh. - Molly really seemed worried for the girl, and she didn't like watching her that way.

-We promise, Mom. - They spoke in unison before boarding and seraching for their friend.

Finding her, they widened their eyes, running to where she was and stepping in front of her. If she saw what they saw, she wouldn't be able to take it.
-What are you doing, boys? We have to go to the compartment. - But before she could say anything else, Fred turned her around, and they started walking away.

-Yeah... It's just... there are better views over here. - George explained, to which Cora frowned at him. Better views? Nevertheless, the girl had no desire to complain. She was tired.

On the other hand, the redheds sighed. This was going to be harder than they thought... And thank Merlin she didn't see how Cedric and Cho were kissing outside a compartment. At least they've found an enemy in common.

Didn't Cedric like Cora? Why was he kissing another girl, then?

The journey was short for the three friends, speaking about worthless things as always. And the twins wouldn't stop telling her about new prank products. Cora helped making them... In fact, during the summer, hiding it, they've been creating articles for the future business of Fred and George.

-We're here already? - The girl spoke, standing up. - I'm starving. - She rubbed her belly.

The three of them got out of the train. Lee and Jeremy joined them on the way to the castle.

Jeremy, after finding out about the news through his friend's letter, hugged her as soon as he saw her. She clealy felt destroyed.

The gesture did not go unnoticed by Cedric, who tried approaching his friends, but two people stood in his way.
-What are you doing? Is something wrong with Cora? Is she okay? - He asked, watching how the girl left with Jeremy.

-We won't let you hurt her anymore. - George spoke.

-You don't know how hard it's been for us to make her laugh this summer. And we are going to let you come and her seeing you kissing the girl she hates. - Fred crossed his arms.

-What? What are you talking about? Why would Cora get mad because I'm dating Cho? - Cedric inquired.

George had to grab his brother to prevent any fight.
-Just stay away from Cora. - He ordered.

Cedric was mind-blown. During summertime, he had realised how much he fancied Cho, and he didn't care she was two years younger. Cho agreed on being his girlfriend, and that made him happy.

However, Cora had left him concerned. Thye hadn't spoke since what happened in the train at the end of the previous term. And he followed her advice.

He listened to his heart, and it told him he wanted to be with Cho.

Cora:

After finishing dinner, Jeremy and I made our way to the common room. I was tired and needed to rest.

We passed by a group of Slytherins, and a letter fell off one of them, for which I picked it up.
-Hey, you, Slytherin guy! - He turned around, and I could only say wow in my mind.

This was the silver-blonde boy from second year who made fun of me along with his two gorillas? It seemed like it.

-It fell off. - I gave him the letter, to which he grabbed it, staring at me. - Well, that's all, so...

-Draco Malfoy, third year. - He presented himself proudly.

-Yeah, I know who you are... I hope you still remember the advice I gave you. - How could he have the same height as me when he's two years younger?

-Yes. I'll see you around... Fianze. - He... smiled?

[...]

Arriving at the common room, we had to solve the riddle. Great.

-You answer it, Jeremy. I cannot think cleary right now.

-What is it that you own, but the rest of people uses more than yourself?

It was easy, but tricky at the same time... It was probably the tiredness which wouldn't let me focus.

-Your name. - He pronounced, and the door opened, letting us in.

Tomorrow would be a long day.

Narrator:

And Cora was lucky to rush into her bedroom.

A few seconds later she would see Cedric saying goodbye to his girlfriend at the entrance of the Ravenclaw common room.

But one day... he would have to figure it out... the Weasley twins thought.

-How can we do it? - Lee asked, entering the conversation.

-I don't know, but we promised Mom we would take care of Cora. - George admitted.

-It's settled, then. We must do everything in our power for Cora not to see Cedric at any moment. At least until we achieve... one, make Cora happy. And two, that Cedric and Chang break up.

-But are we going to do that? What will happen when they play Quidditch? - Lee added.

-We still don't know. - The twins replied.

The plan was not going to end up well, Lee thought.