45. Kiss

Cora:

-How did you get in? You know what? That's not important. What are you doing here? - I asked, grabbing my books.

Cedric was standing in front of me, dressed in a tuxedo. He looked so handsome.
-I'm here for you.

The books in my hands slipped. Have I heard properly? It made no sense.
-Seriously, if you're looking for Cho..

-No, I'm not looking for her. - He got closer. - I'm looking for you. It's always been you.

Was I nervous? Absolutely.

I shook my head, forgetting everything he just said, and picked up my books. Would it be some kind of illusion? Let's be honest, what would Cedric be doing here?
-Y-You should be enjoying the night. You're one of the champions... it's your night. - I refused to look at him.

I was about to grab my notebook that was on the floor, but Cedric took my hand.
-Cora...

-I'm serious, you shouldn't be here. - I looked down at our hands. - Why are you insisting so much?

Cedric:

We were both less than a metre apart. My hand was above hers.

Hers was shaking.
-Don't you understand? I really like you. - After those words, she looked up at me.

Those eyes... that I could spend the rest of my life staring at, and they still wouldn't stop astonishing me. The were the most wonderful, beautiful, and gorgeous eyes I had ever seen.

-That's not possible. - She suddenly spoke. - How can you like me? It doesn't make sense...

-That's not a choice for me to make, and believe me when I say I don't regret anything.

Cora pulled her hand away and stood back up.
-If this is some other kind of dare, I want to know nothing about it. - She turned around, leaving.

-Cora, don't go! Please! It's not a dare. - I approached to where she was.

-Cedric... it's just that I... I'm not...

Narrator:

And Cora could not pronounce a word more.

Cedric leaned in, and kissed her softly, his lips lingering to hers. Cora gasped, perplexed, but closed her eyes, and got carried away, feeling how something exploded inside her chest, and a slight goosebump running through her body.

Cedric's lips caressed hers softly and with tender. When the girl pulled away, she looked him in the eyes.

-Why are you doing this to me? - She whispered, her breathing still heavy. - I don't deserve you.

-When will you understand that I love you?! Cora, you're the girl I cannot stop thinking about everyday. I could care less you're not like the rest. Cora, you're unique. I don't know why you think you aren't enough when you're everything to me. - Cedric admitted, slightly hurt.

Cora didn't know what to answer. Those words had simply left her still like a statue.

She had no idea how to react. And that was when Cedric became desperate.
-Okay, I get it. You don't like me back... - He inserted hhis hands in his pockets. - Sorry for everything. - He finished before walking away.

Cora:

Cedric liked me. He liked me and I didn't know what to do.

I couldn've never imagined he had feelings towards me.

I brought up a hand to my lips, where his were a moment ago... and I realised...

I needed them. And nothing else mattered. I'm in love with Cedric Diggory.

I wanted to tell him everything I felt, but the words weren't coming out. I didn't want him to go away...

Not again.

I sighed and grabbed all the courage I had.

Narrator:

-Wait, don't go! - Cora called.

The guy turned around, looking at her with doubt and a hint of hope. The girl forced herself to take the necessary steps forward that separated them and be face to face.

Cora gulped as she got closer, conscious about doing an insanity.

Having her so close, Cedric blushed, and the girl noticed he got tense and his breathing got heavier.
-Cora... you're not going to... - Cedric began, but Cora pressed her lips on his.

The kiss was slow and delicate, which provoked Cedric to want more from her.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, and the kiss intensified, showing all the emotions they were feeling in that exact moment.

The lack of oxygen made itself present, and they both pulled away, their eyes full of passion.

They both wanted more as if they needed one another.
-I like you, too. - Cora confessed. - But this is new for me...

Cedrc just stared at her. She's so beautiful. So perfect, he thought. He got closer and wrapped her in a hug.
-You don't know how happy it makes me feel hearing you say that.

Pulling away, they looked into each other's eyes. But this time wasn't like the others. It was different.

-You sure you don't want to go back to the dance? - The girl asked him.

Cedric thought no more, and grabbed her waist to carry her bridal style like she was a feather.
-I'd rather be with you. - He smiled.

-Cedric! Put me down! - She laughed.

The guy obeyed, leaving her on the of the sofas, and began tickling her. He adored seeing her laugh.
-Cedric... - She giggled.

Another one of the things that drove him crazy was hearing his name coming out from her.

When he let her go, Cora acted immediately, and began tickling him back until the point where she was on top of him.
-Blimey... - Cedric sighed. - Don't go. I like being like this.

-Oh, really? - Cora teased, getting closer.

-Yeah. - And he attached his lips to hers once again.

He was addicted to her kisses. Each one of them provoked emotions in him that he couldn't describe with words. He felt complete with her.

-Me, too. - Cora laughed. - But I have to leave my book in my room, which I'm not letting you in, by the way. - She reminded him after seeing his smile get bigger.

-But you'll come back, right?

-Sure. I'll be right back. - She smiled before standing up.

When the girl went up the stairs, Cedric closed his eyes. How was it possible that everything went by so fast?

But now, there was a question invading his head.

-I'm back. - The girl announced.

-Cora... um... - Cedric began. - Would you... like to be my girlfriend?

Instantly, Cora felt how thousands of butterflies flew around her stomach.

She streched by his side, resting her head on his chest.
-It would be an honor. - She half-smiled.

Everything didn't turn out so terrible, after all,  Cedric thought with a smile on his face.