49. Voice

Cedric:

-Alan Diggory! Come here right now! - I turned to Cora. - You'll get all your clothes dirty!

I was just staring at her. Each day that passed, I fell for her even more.

-What are you looking at? - She asked me, not looking up from her book. - If you haven't realised, your son's getting dirty in the mud.

-Come on, darling... he's a child... Don't you remember when we were kids? - I hugged her.

-Don't remind me. - Her eyes were still hooked in the pages. - You were quite annoying. - A smile appeared on her face.

-Me? Annoying?

Cora finally looked up at me.
-Merlin... you don't know how much I adore your eyes. - I kissed her lips. - Have I told you?

She smiled.
-Yes... every day that passes. I'll go with that little tornado. - She stood up.

I only stared at where she had gone.

In that instant, I saw how Alan was crying. He was hurt and Cora comforted him.

Seeing such image made me realise how fortunate I am. The two people I loved most in this world were there.

I married the woman whom I've been in love with since I saw her that day in the train. And not only that, but that we had wonderful boy named Alan.

My life couldn't get any better.

And now? Alan would go to Hogwarts, the school where Cora and I met.

I got up immediately, and approached them.

I hugged my wife and son.
-Cedric... - Cora began, but I cut her off with a kiss.

-Ugh, no displays of affection, please. - Alan complained with a disgusted expression. - By the way, when am I going to Hogwarts?

-You're not going if you don't change right now. - Cora warned.

-Okay... but I'm choosing what to wear. - He agreed before heading to his bedroom.

-What's wrong, sweetheart? - I asked her after noticing her concerned expression.

-I'm scared.

-About what? I'm here. - I cupped face in my hands.

-I'm scared that you wake up...

And from one moment to another, I couldn't touch her.
-Cora? - I tried hugging her. - What's happening?

-Goodbye, Cedric. - She told me before getting out of the house.

-No, wait... - I wanted to follow her, but it was impossible. There was some kind of barrrier that I couldn't overstep.

-Bye, Dad! See you in another world! - Alan spoke, getting out, too.

-What?! No! Wait for me! - I tried getting out, but nothing. It was impossible.

I was locked inside the house.

-Does it hurt? - Someone asked from the sofa.

It was a boy.
-Who are you? What are you doing in my house? - I approached to where he was.

Seeing his face, I noticed he was identical to Cora, except his eyes were brown.
-Erik Fianze. Pleasure. - He half-smiled. - I'm Cora's brother. It's good to finally meet you.

-How...? What are you doing here? - I frowned.

-I'm here to talk to you... Can I? - He asked, standing up.

-Why can't I get out of the house? - I was desperate.

-You see... I've always thought my sister would end up alone for life. After I died, the only thing she did was reading and reading. She got away from everyone, including my mother. - He ignored my question.

-That's right... I thought the acceptance letter to Hogwarts would change her completely and for good. - A woman spoke, appearing. - And it did.

-Are you... Cora's mother? - She nodded. - That's not possible... I must be hallucinating.

-When my sister entered Hogwarts, she met the guy who would change her life. You. - Erik tapped my shoulder. - Thanks for making her happy.

-Although however... a little slow from you. - Cora's mother admitted.

-And stupid, as well. - Erik added. - But what's important is that you've saved my sister.

-Hold on... the task. What happened with the task? Where am I?! - I realised I had absolutely no memory of the previous events before being in a graveyard.

-Cedric... - Cora's mother began. - Calm down. Cora is okay. - She gave me a small smile.

I started feeling desperate. What had happened with the cup, my father, Hogwarts? Nothing made sense.

-Cedric, stop. You'll worry Cora. - Erik warned.

I stopped at once.
-Where is she? Why am I going to worry her? Besides... why can I see you? You're...

-Dead.

No, no, no. I refused to think something like that.
-No, I cannot be dead. I'm not. - I started walking side to side.

Then, the house began shaking.
-What's happening?! - I yelled, trying to control my balance.

-Cedric... calm down. You are the one provoking this. - Erik told me.

-However, it's working... - His mother continued.

-What?! Can someone tell me what's happening?! - I screamed.

Now the oxygen was missing. I couldn't breathe properly. What was going on?
-Cedric, before you go definitely, tell Cora we love her. - She asked.

-Have good trip, mate. - Erik spoke.

-Erik?! - But he was no longer there. He and his mother had disappeared.

I found myself alone in the house. No clue of what was happening crossed my mind. The earthquake was stronger each time... so strong until the point where my head started hurting.
-Please stop! - I put my hands over my head. The pain was excrutiating.

-Please, Cedric... wake up.

A voice started sounding in my head.

-I need you with me... please.

Cora. I recognised her voice, her sweet voice. It was her, but she wasn't here, but inside my head.

-Come back to me... don't leave me.

That was the moment in which the pain was too much that it became unbearable.

I fell to the floor and saw a light. A white light in the doorway.

I dragged myself through the floor.

-Come on, Cedric... wake up.

The voice gave me strength. It gave me motivation to keep fighting the pain I felt.

At last, I got to the door.

Opening it, everything was black.

-I love you.

Marathon 2/3