57. Escape

Cora:

Two days... two days since I've been locked up.

However, I was about to get out. Only one final push was needed.

I got up from the bed and headed to the window. Without anyone realising, I continued crushing the stone like I did the previous days. I had to get out of here. I wasn't planning on staying much longer.

And if I die in the attempt, at least it wasn't by hunger or for not trying.

I kept crushing the stone carefully. The wall was cracking more, which meant it would break at any moment.

The only thing I had to do was continue. I wasn't going to give in... I couldn't. I had to resume my life. I owed it to everyone... Mom, Erik, the Weasleys... Cedric.

I kept crushing it, each time more desperate and increasing strength. I was making it. I just had to finish.

-What's that noise?! - A voice spoke.

That was when everything went to hell. Now was the time where I had gather my maximum strength to crush the fucking wall, which was getting weaker.
-Come on... come on. - I told myself.

My hands sweated, my heart pounded. It felt like my whole body was trembling and asking for help, food, energy to continue.

The adrenaline was what gave me that strength, the desire to get out and resume my life.

I felt my mouth dry. I needed water or some liquid to drink. I felt how all the weight was falling over me.

I needed to see the sun clarity

-HEY! THE GIRL'S WANTING TO ESCAPE!

However, I pushed the bed against the door, blocking the entrance.
-Come on, Cora... - I increased the speed of crushing the wall. - Shit! - I looked down at my hand, which had a nail encrusted.

It was now bleeding and it hurt. But I had to continue, regardless what happened.
-Come on, Cora, just a little more. - Tears begun appearing in my eyes.

It was inevitable. In between the dust and the necessity to escape... along with the pain I felt. It was a combination of them all.

Until, finally, the wall broke down, letting me see I was at Diagon Alley. I could recognize the environment in seconds.

That was when I ran to hide. I didn't knw where I was going, neither had my wand with me.

I placed myself behind a bunch of boxes, not knowing the content inside.

-Where did she go?! - A man yelled.

-Find her! - Another one ordered.

And I got up, visualizing where I was in the alley... and made sense that I was in Knockturn Alley. The ones where I wouldn't recommend going alone, and much less at nighttime.

I was lucky it was noon.

I had a chance to escape...but they were still there. Searching for me like psychoes... desperate ones.
-Damian will kill us if we've lost her.

I sighed and closed my eyes, not knowing what to do. I was literally in a dead-end alley.
-Come on, Cora... think... - I started whispering to myself.

What could I do? Nothing was coming to mind. I just wanted to cry and rest in peace. I only wanted peace.
-Please... Mom, Erik, help me. - I looked up at the sky. - I need your help.

-HEY! I THINK I SAW HER! SHE WENT THROUGH THERE! - One of them started running.

-We got problems. They're here. - Another one warned. Who were they?