12. Dating?

Narrator:

Summer had passed just like the others. Fast for some, slow for others.

Cora was packing her trunk in her bedroom to go to the platform. She had all her materials and was almost ready.
-Ready to go? - Her mother asked, standing by the door.

Cora nodded, so they left the house immediately.

Once at the station, she realised that an owl was coming directly toward them. Her mother grabbed the letter.
-Darling, I have to go. It's urgent. - Amelia told her daughter after reading the letter. - Don't forget that I love you. - She hugged the girl and left in a rush. - Take care!

Cora frowned. What was her mother doing in such a rush?

-It's been awhile, Cora. - A voice said from behind.

-Oliver, it's good to see you again. - She hugged him. - How've you been?

-Now that you mention it... bad. It's Charlie. - That was when Cora realised the situation.

Charlie Weasley had graduated and she hadn't said goodbye to him.

-There's no Seeker without him. - Oliver groaned. - We'll have to make tryouts... And as capitain, I'll have to...

-Hold on, you're the new capitain?! Congratulations! - She interrupted with happiness.

The train arrived and both students entered. They were going to search for some empty compartment, but they were all full.

-CORA! - Two voices called from behind.

The girl didn't have enough time to turn around because she was wrapped in a hug.
-Guys... I can't breathe. - She struggled. Fred and George let go off her right after those words. - How have you two been?

-Great! - Fred answered.

-This is Ronnie's first year. - George commented.

Cora's smile widened.
-Really?! That's amazing. I really like your brother. - She admitted.

[...]

Cora and the twins found a compartment where Lee was. They spent the entire ride talking about how wonderful their summers have been.

When the train arrived at the station, Cora was the first in standing up and open the door.

But right after, she bumped into someone.
-Watch where you're going. - A boy sneered. - Don't you know who I am?

The two boys by his sides started to laugh.
-Look! She's so weird! - They mocked. - Look at her eyes!

Cora mantained a straight posture and clunched her fists. During these years, she hda gained confidence in herself to not tremble. She wasn't going to allow two boys make fun of her and make her feel less worthy.

-First of all, I'm not an animal. You can speak more politely, and we'll all return the favor. - She told the silver-blonde. - And second... - She looked at the ones who made fun of her. - Pride constitutes a pleasure of making fun of the features you don't have. And that kind pf satisfaction are so pleasant for the ignorants and especially the imbeciles, that it's extremely odd seeing them forget it. - She smiled politely.

The three boys were speechless. But especially, they did not understand a word of what she had said.

-Crabbe, Goyle, let's go. - The silver-blonde ordered.

Cora turned around, finding Oliver, Lee, Fred, and George with their mouths on the floor. They were completely mind-blown.
-What? - The girl asked. - Come on, we're going to miss the feast. - She exited the compartment.