30. Nerves

Cora:

-We now have... Divination. - When I said that, thw twins, Jeremy, and Lee groaned. - Oh, come on. It cannot be that bad.

[...]

-It's bad. Really bad. - I corrected after seeing the person besides the teacher.

-Since Mr. Diggory isn't attending classes, he will help professor Trelawney in this lesson. - McGonagall announced before leaving.

-I told you had to eat that rancid cake. - Lee told George.

I sighed, and then sat on the final row with Jeremy and Fred, who sat without questioning.
-Oh, why in the last row, Mis Fianze? You're always on the first one.

-Know-it-all... - George and Lee muttered from the other table.

-I just prefer leaving my friends there... for them to gain more knowledge. - I told the professor. And I knew Cedric wouldn't take his eyes off me, but that wouldn't deconcentrate.

-Very well, let us start the lesson! Does anyone know what this is? - She pointed at a teapot.

Nobody answered, and Jeremy and fred were looking at me.. Usually i'm the one to answer everything... but I felt uncomfortable with Cedric in front.

-Yes, young man? - She asked George, who had raised his hand.

-Cora knows the answer. She's just modest.

-NO, I'M NOT. - I yelled. - But yes, I do know what it is. It's a teapot.

Why was i the one who had to say it? It was ridiculous.
-Good. Come here. - She asked, to which I widened my eyes.

Everyone started giggling, which was normal since every time that Trelawney asked you to come up front, she always told you to do stupid things.

I noticed how Cedric held his laugh. How dare he?

Once I was by Trelawney's side, she glanced at Cedric, then at me, and kept repeating it for awhile more.

Out of the blue, the teapot slipped from her hands, making it shatter on the floor. And she started yelling.
-CHILDREN, THIS IS A MIRACLE! FORGET THE TEAPOTS! WE HAVE PRESENT BEFORE US... A CLEAR EXAMPLE OF TRUE LOVE!

The twins' laughter didn't delay in appearing. I looked back at the professor, and she was... praying?

Narrator:

The entire classroom was speechless. True love? Surely Cho wouldn't take it well... But for what it seemed, Cedric didn't dispise it so much. He just smiled nervously since they just said there was love in between him and Cora...

-All right, I'm leaving. - The girl announced before exiting through the door.

Cedric's eyes followed her until she disappeared, but the professor increased her yells.
-RUN! GET YOUR GIRL! - She pushed him to the door.

-But I don't... I mean, I... I'm not... - The Hufflepuff guy's nerves were growing. Why did he have to look for Cora?

Now that he remembered, he had to talk to her.
-Okay, okay, I'll go... I'm going. - He got out of the classroom with everyone's eyes on him.

Finding her wasn't tricky since she was reading in the place where they used to talk.
-Hey. - Cedric spoke, sitting by her side.

The girl didn't look up, and just resumed her reading.
-Don't you have class or a punishment to finish?

-Why are you mad?

-I'm not. I'm just reading and you're interrupting. - She rolled her eyes.

Cedric took the book away from her.
-Hey, give it back. - Cora tried grabbing it, but ended up falling on top of him.

Once she managed to take the book, she realised the position they were in. Cora tried pulling away, but Cedric spun her around, him being on top now, cornering her with no escape.
-What are you doing? - She demanded. - Get off me.

-Not until you tell what's going on. - He replied.

-I'm serious, Diggory. Let me go or I'll made you. - She sneered, but her nerves were increasing. Whoever saw them in such situation... would think something else.

-I won't let you go.

-Very well. - Cedric frowned. - You asked for it. - And, without warning, she kicked him in the crotch, causing him to pull away immediately.

Cora stood up and ran to her common room, leaving the guy cursing in pain.

Once the pain was minor, he stood up as he could. He turned to the tower where the Ravenclaw common room was, and there she was.

Through the window, he could perfectly admire how Cora calmly read as if she was a princess, Cedric thought.

A smile appeared on the guy's face. Cora was absolutely not an easy girl. She was special. Unique.

[...]
Cora:

As I finished the book, I had to return it to Adrian. He gave it to me so I could improve in Potions and not fail again.

-Fianze.

-Chang. - I replied the same way. - I don't knoe where Cedric is. Now, if you excuse me...

-No, I don't want to see Cedric, but to tell you to leave him alone. - I frowned. - Everyone's talking about what happened in professor Trelawney's class. - She crossed her arms. - Cedric and I are in a perfect relationship, and I don't want a girl with each eye of a different color to come and take him away from me.

I wished to punch, on one hand. But I then remembered it'd be worse since it isn't right and she's younger than me.

-First of all, I don't know if you think you'll hurt me by mentioning my eye thing. It's bad you have to "mock" something of mine to feel stronger and think... I don't know, that you'll make me cry or something. Second, I hvae no interest in Cedric. If anyone has explained it to you, I left the classroom because I felt uncomfortable. And for heaven's sake, HE FOLLOWED ME! I can't understand why we have to fight for a guy and leave him intact when you have to go talk to him.

Cho's arms fell to her sides, her face showing... regret.
-He followed you? - I nodded. - Okay, I will go talk to him. But that doesn't mean I won't be watching you.

I rolled eyes and got out to give my friend his book back. I was sick of staying mad at a girl, who deep down, was just on love and felt threatened. I wasn't going to low myself down to her level.