40. Compliment

Cora:

I woke, startled, not having slept well.

Suddenly, I realised I wasn't in my bedroom, but in some kind of... cupboard?

I tried opening the door, but it was stuck. I took out my wand... wait where is my wand?!

-Hello?! Is anybody there?! Please!

No way... How had I ended up here?

Cedric:

-And may I know who we're waiting for? - I looked back at Anthony.

-Cora. - I responded. - I've tried, okay? But it's impossible for me to stay away from her.

In that instant, the twins came in, but she wasn't with them. I turned to the Ravenclaw table, and she wasn't with Jeremy, either...

My final option was to look at the snakes' table, but she wasn't with Adrian.

-Cedric! You're so brave for entering the tournament!

-Thanks, Cho.

-Do you want me to accompany you to sign up? - I looked at the door again.

Cora wouldn't miss this... would she?

Cora:

-Please! Help me! Anyone?! - I kept punching the door, but it was useless.

-Alohomora. - Someone's voice pronounced from outside.

Opening it, what I found was quite a surprise.
-Hello, I'm Luna Lovegood. - The person half-smiled. - I was searching for my shoes... Have you seen them?

-Your shoes? Has somebody stole them?

-The Nargles have, but it's fine... You must be Cora Fianze. It's a pleasure to meet you at last.

-How do you know my name? I'm not famous. - I spoke, walking out of the cupboard.

-You're a complete icon to me. - I frowned. - You're unique, you know? Because of your eyes.

-Well... it's not that I'm proud of being weird. - I shrugged.

-Being different isn't being weird. It's all right to be yourself. That's what makes people unique... - She handed me my wand. - You don't have to change who you are.

-Where did you find it? - I asked, reffering to the wand.

-In one of the bins... probably the Nargles did it.

Luna Lovegood was a third year. I had heard about her in some occasions, but not nice things. Girls always called her Loony, which was horrible.

-Want me to help searching for your shoes? - She shook her head "no".

-Something tells me you have more important things to do. - More important things?

I widened my eyes immediately.
-Cedric. - I ran away, but not before turning back to Luna. - I'll tell you if I find your shoes. Thanks for everything, Luna!

I ran like I could, but there was energy missing in my body.

Finally, I arrived where the Goblet of Fire was.

The twins were fighting... was it me, or did they have beard? And in other part of the room, Cedric was talking to Cho.

I didn't know what to do. I felt out of place. Obviously, I wasn't going to go with him since I didn't want to bother him.

-Oh, here you are, Cora! Girls, look! Aren't they impressive? - That was Fleur with her accent, with a lot of girls with her, who were looking at me.

They were all beautiful and truly gorgeous.

-I love your eyes!

-They're wonderful!

And I couldn't feel any happier. They liked my eyes?
-Wow... I don't know what to say.

Fleur just smiled, and I could swear it was the most perfect smile I had seen in my existence.
-You're truly beautiful... all of you. - I admitted, to which they all thanked me.

Why did all the girl in Hogwarts hate the students for Beauxbatons? They were wonderful people.

-Would you like sitting with us? - One of them asked me.

-Can a friend join in? - I reffered to Jeremy.

-Make it four. - The twins appeared by my side.

-What happened to you two? - I laughed. - Why the beard?

-Do you like it? It's a new look. - Fred turned to a dark-skinned girl who was with Fleur.

-If I were you, I'd go to the hospital wing... then you may come, all right? - They both nodded and ran away.

-Sorry about that... they're pretty funny when you get to know them. - I told the girls.

Narrator:

While Cora spoke to the French girls, Cedric couldn't take his eyes off of her.

She looked like one of them, and, although all those girls were Veelas, Cora still looked like the prettiest.

-I could help you.

-What?

-I can help make Cora fall in love with you. - Cho smiled.

[...]
Cora was making her way to Defense Against the Dark Arts.

When she passed by a group of Hogwarts girls, Angelina being one of them.
-You just hang out with the Frenchies for fame, right?

-What do you mean? - The girl frowned. Why were they talking to her?

-Yeah. Since you're the weirdo of our year, you have to look for fame, isn't it?

-That makes no sense. - Cora replied. - Could you please let me through? I don't want any problems...

-Oh, so you now think you're better than us?

-Seriously, I haven't done a thing to you. Could you leave me alone? - She demanded, her nerves vanishing. - And for the record, I'm not weird, just different. And that's okay.

-Sure. You're only a bitch more who needs attention.

Have I heard that right?
-You call me a bitch... but there are lots of breeds. I'm sure you're the most common one.

And with much confidence, I left, leaving them on their own.

How could just some simple words like "I love your eyes", or a simple compliment make me feel so good?

I didn't forget Luna's words. I should certainly practice using them.