16. Angelina

Cora:

The most important game was today; Ravenclaw vs Gryffindor.

I was nervous for Jeremy. I knew he's do it great, but still, Quidditch is a dangerous sport.

-THE GAME HAS JUST BEGUN! - Lee announced.

[...]

We were halfway through the game, and it was clear that Ravenclaw was going to win. Harry Potter wasn't playing, but Alicia, the substitute, was. A friend of Angelina's, who was also playing, by the way.

I chuckled. They had scored nothing.

-Well, I see it'll be an easy win. - I turned to Cedric. What was he doing in the Ravenclaw stands?

-Yeah. Which leaves Slytherin in first place. - I could care less if Slytherin won. After all, it's just a stupid cup. - What are you doing here, by the way?

Cedric smiled at me.
-Just passing through. I saw you alone... so I decided to make you company. - He looked at the field. - Jeremy is... pretty good.

-TEN POINTS FOR RAVENCLAW! - My friend had just scored ten more points.

-Yeah, he surely is. - I smiled proudly.

[...]

-Ravenclaw catches the snitch and wins the game! - Lee finally yelled.

All the stands but Gryffindor cheered and applauded. Ravenclaw had won the Quidditch Cup! I was incredibly glad for our team.
-Come on! I want to congratulate Jeremy! - I dragged Cedric with me. - Congrats, my guy! - I hugged Jeremy. - That was incredible. - I laughed. - The lions weren't at your level this time.

-You think you're better than us? - A voice asked from behind. - Because I'm sure your intelligence won't help here in the field at all. - Angelina.

Clearly she was mad. She had just lost. But none other Gryffindor was making such a big deal out of it besides her.

-If that's what you think, maybe you're the one who doesn't play well. - I retorted with a straight face. - Of course it needs intelligence. Probably... it's because you haven't scored a point.

Jeremy was trying to choke his cackles along with Fred and George, who were present. Cedric was just looking away, but he was holding his laugh, too.

-Did you just call me dumb? - Angelina appproached me.

-If you feel alluded... it's not my fault. - I smirked. - See you around. And I hope the rest of your day is just as nice as you.

Narrator:

Cora left along with Jeremy and Cedric. Angelina, on the other hand, was fuming with anger.

She said nothing, and just left, furious.
-Are you okay? - Katie asked her.

In that instant, Angelina only threw her broom onto the floor out of rage, almost breaking it.
-Okay, you certainly are not okay.

-I admire you. - Jeremy told Cora.

-I only told her the truth. - She shrugged.

Cedric was saying nothing. That girl was stunning, wonderful, breathtaking, and all the possible adjectives.
-What do you think, Diggory? - Jeremy moved his eyebrows up and down teasingly.

-Wonderful. I MEAN, that was great. - Cedric corrected himself.

Cora blushed, but managed to hide for none of the guys to see it.

[...]

-Cora! - The mentioned one turned around, finding Cho. - Can I talk to you for a minute?

The girl just nodded and followed her.
-See... you... are a friend of Cedric, right? - Cora nodded. - Perfect! Do you know if he has his eyes on someone?

The girl just stopped on her tracks. What the hell did Cho want to do with Cedric? Why would she want to know?
-And... why so curious? - She asked as calmly as possible.

Cho blushed and started fiddling with her fingers.
-A friend of mine likes him and... asked me for some advice.

-I'm afraid I can't help you because I don't know, either. - Cora faked sadness.

Although... she did have curiosity of knowing who Cedric layed his eyes on.

-Oh... Well, if you find anything out, could you tell me? - Cora nodded. - Thanks. I'll see you later. - Cho finished before leaving.

Once there was no trace of Cho, Cora was able to scream in peace.

-A-Are you okay?! - Neville asked from behind.

-Oh... Sorry, Neville. Please don't think I'm crazy. - She relaxed. - What are you doing here?

-Looking for my wand... Crabbe and Goyle told me they hid it. - If Cora's wires were crossed, they were now broken. - They told me to search the whole castle, but that'll take centuries.

How could there be such cruel people?

-I think I know where it is. Follow me. - She made their way to the Great Hall.

There, she saw them. And just like she predicted, Neville's wand was in their hands.
-HEY! YOU TWO! - Cora pointed at them. - Give me that wand at once!

-What if we don't? - Crabbe asked.

-Yeah, why should we give it to you? - Goyle laughed.

Just then, the silver-blonde boy snatched the wand from them, and gave it to her, glaring back at his friends.

Cora nodded with a small smile on her face. It looked like what she told them in the train was of some use.

-Here, Neville. - She gave the wand to him. - If they ever bother you, just tell me, okay?

-Thank you! - He spoke nervously, blushing.

The scene was witnessed by the students in the Great Hall, including Cedric, who smiled, proud of his friend.
-Seriously, just tell her you like her. - Anthony laughed.

Cedric rolled his eyes and continued eating his meal. However, he could only think about Anthony's words.

Did he like Cora? He still wasn't sure... or didn't want to admit it.