61. War

Narrator:

Hogwarts was certainly not the same as when they got in on their first year. What motive does Snape have to occupy Dumbledore's place as headmaster?, Cora thought as soon as she arrived with the Order.

The first thing she saw was Cedric, who was already staring at her.

Cora tried approaching, but he went away, heading to the other side, where everyone was.

Professor McGonagall finally made Snape disappear from the castle, giving them time... to search for some of Voldemort's horcruxes.

-Cora, I need you to come with me. - Harry told her, Luna standing by his side.

The girl nodded and followed them.
-What are we looking for? - She asked as they went up the stairs.

-Ravenclaw's lost diadem. - Luna spoke. - But we won't find anything... unless we ask someone who's not alive.

-Helena... - Cora realised. - Helena will know where it is!

Meanwhile, Cedric was with the twins.
-Have you spoke to her? - George asked, looking through the window. Millions of Death Eaters were at a short distance from Hogwarts, waiting to attack.

-No. I got away. - Cedric looked down.

-I did tell her, I really did tell her. - The redhead told him. - You should speak to her as soon as you can.

George is right, Cedric thought. He had to clarify stuff with Cora before it was too late, because he wasn't giving up. He's missed her tons since the last time they saw each other.
-Thanks, George. - And he left to go searching for hhis girlfriend.

On the other hand, Ron and Hermione found themselves in the Chamber of Secrets, destroying another Horcrux. The Hufflepuff cup.

After doing so, a part of Voldemort broke. One part less possessed his soul... and one step near from being killed.

With complete anger and fury, the Dark Lord pointed directly at Hogwarts, which was protected by a conguring that the teachers themselves created.

The magic barrier broke, letting all the murder-thirsty Death Eaters in.

-CORA?! - Cedric screamed, running to the Ravenclaw common room. - Cora?!

-What word has four letters, is the cause of most discord in the world, along with the major part of cooperation? - The guy couldn't believe it.

-Not now, I can't think right now! - He yelled. The war was about to begin, and he had to solve a riddle in order to find Cora? Definitely.

-I don't know!

-Cedric? - He turned around, finding Harry and Luna.

-Do you know where Cora is? - He asked desperately.

-She said she'd go looking for you. - Luna answered. - She's in the Great Hall...

-Thank you! - And the guy went running.

-The answer is love. - Luna spoke to the door. - Here's where I can't help you anymore, Harry. Helena's really shy... Good luck.

Cedric was sprinting with all the energy his legs gave him.
-Expulso!

-Reducto!

-Crucio!

-Bombarda!

Charms were heard everywhere. Because, whether he accepted it or not, he was in the middle of the Second Magical War.

-CAREFUL, FRED! - George warned. - Reducto!

Cora found herself fighting along with the twins and other students, such as Angelina.
-Petrificus totalus! - Angelina yelled.

-Bombarda! - Cora followed, to which multiple Death Eaters ended up crushed by the giant stone walls.

Both girl shared a look and smiled at each other. They never thought they'd make such a good duo.

People were still fighting for their lives, for their friends and family, for Hogwarts. They didn't want evil to win. And they had to make time for Harry to destroy Voldemort.

Everyone fully trusted him.

-Confringo! - A voice yelled from behind Cedric.

-Thanks. - He half-smiled.

-Don't.... careful! - The person moved him away from a wall that was falling down.

-Depulso! - Cedric exclaimed, making the werewolves fly away, protecting himself and Cho.

In that moment, all the Death Eaters started laughing, disappearing... Did it end?

-Are you okay? - The guy helped the girl up.

-Thanks for saving me. - She hugged him without warning.

What Cedric didn't know, but Cho did, was that Cora witnessed the scene along with Angelina.
-A-Are you all right? - The dark-skinned asked, to which Cora nodded. - Sorry for making your life impossible... I was jealous.

Cora hugged her, the girl returning the gesture. Suddenly, an explosion could be heard.

Everyone who could stand on their feet went out to see what was happening.
-HARRY POTTER IS DEAD! - Voldemort's horrendous voice announced. - It is now when you come and join us... or die. - He laughed. - Anyone?

-Draco...

All eyes were on the boy, who started walking doubtfully toward the other side.
-WELL DONE, DRACO! ANYONE ELSE?

Neville started limping forward.
-I want to say something. All those people, family, friends, all those deaths... weren't in vane. Harry Potter's with us! - He spoke, making all the Death Eaters laugh.

And, as if it was a miracle, Harry fell off Hagrid's arms, who was carrying him.

People's screams of joy appeared immediately. They had another chance to end with the evil.
-NO! KILL THEM ALL! - Voldemort ordered, enfuriated.

-Desmaius! - A voice exclaimed. The hex almost reached Cora. - You really thought I forgot about you?

-Expeliarmus! - And now, Cora had no wand to defend herself.

She started walking backwards, knowing this could be her ending. She knew that would be the last thing she saw in her short life.

She raised her arms, showing surrender. There was no escape.

-EXPULSO! - And Damian was sent straight to the abyss. It was like fantasy. Everything was passing by so fast that she had notion of nothing.

Ginny handed her her wand.
-Thanks. - Cora spoke, to which the redhead winked at her.

-NOW, HARRY!

The scene that Cora presenced before her eyes was impressive and, at the same time, horrible. Voldemort and Harry, face to face.

Both wizards gripped their wands. However... something went wrong in the Dark Lord's wand... and, precisely, that's what gave Harry strength to finish him.

An explosion made itself present.

Harry Potter had won over Lord Voldemort, which meant the war had ended.