48. Maze

Cedric:

-Aren't you going to wish me luck? - I asked after seeing she was way more nervous than me.

-Cedric, I have a bad feeling about this. - She hugged me tightly. - Knowing the things that could be in that labyrinth...

I gave her a small smile. I was also nervous, but shouldn't show weakness.

I stroked her hair.
-Cora... have I told you that I love you? - She looked up at me.

And in that instant, she grabbed my cheeks, and attached our lips together in a kiss.

If I was nervous then, now I had the major confidence in myself. That kiss was the only thing I needed to win this tournament.

-Cora... - She raised an eyebrow. - There are teachers around. - I smiled, but she just hugged me once more.

-I don't care. Fuck them all.

That was when I saw my father.
-Dad! - Cora gave us some space.

I gave my father a hug, and he looked at Cora and me.
-I like Cora as your girlfriend, son. Congratulations. - I looked back at her, who was trying her best to smile. She was too nervous.

-ALL OF THE CHAMPIONS, COME HERE! - I hugged my dad one last time.

-I'm proud of you, son. - That gave me more motivation.

And then, I kissed Cora one last time, which calmed me even more.
-I love you. Please be careful. - She told me before letting me go with the other champions.

-Listen, inside of that maze, there will be unexplainable things. You must be extremely careful. It won't be easy, all right? - We all nodded. - If you experience any trouble, just call us with your wands. Throw some red sparks into the air and you'll be back. Good luck to you all. - Dumbledore concluded.

Once I was in my position, I looked back at the Hufflepuffs, who were yelling and cheering for me. Then, I turned to Cora and my father, who were talking.

-Given Harry and Cedric have the same score, they will enter at the same time. Followed by Viktor and Fleur.

-Good luck, Harry. - I told him before the task begun.

-If you're ready... LET US BEGIN THE THIRD TASK!

After hearing those words, I entered the maze, which, to be quite clear, was kind of spooky.

What are you saying, Cedric? You cannot have fear, you musn't. It's bad for your confidence.

I started running through the labyrinth, through where my instincts told me. Everything was silent and dark.

You could hear the sounds of different creatures that I had no clue of what they were.

Suddenly, a scream made itself present. Some kind of goosebump rushed through my body. It was Fleur's voice.

I stopped on my tracks for awhile to catch my breath. This was going to harder than I thought.

And from one moment to another, a red light appeared in the sky, which meant someone had abandoned the task.

I decided to continue walking. I had to find the cup. I had to end this now.

-Expulso! - If it wasn't for my reflexes, the curse would've hit me hard.

-Viktor? What are you doing? - But he wasn't himself. He was posessed.

-Desmaius! - But I was faster.

-Rennervate! - I pronounced the counter-curse, and took advantage to hide behind one of the bushes.

Out of the blue, Harry appeared, who didn't know Krum was posessed.
-Harry, be careful!

-Cedric? What is it?

-Krum... - I tried searching for him.

It was a mistake to search given that he saw me, and began running toward us at great speed.

-Harry, RUN!

We both sprinted with Viktor following us.
-What's wrong with him?!

-I don't know! But he seems to be bewitched!

That was when I looked back, and noticed Krum trapped in the weeds...
-The Devil's Snare... - I breathed.

-We have to help him. - Harry went to him, grabbed his wand, and threw the red sparks for him.

Suddenly, a strong wind made itself present to us. It becamse stronger each time. And I caught a glimpse of how the labyrinth was closing.

Harry and I started running for our lives, as fast as our legs could, but bad luck got to me since the Devil's Snare caught me this time.
-Harry! Help me! - I tried untangling the snare, but the grip became tighter, and it was pulling me away. - HARRY!

But he did nothing. He wasn't helping me. He was just standing there.
-HARRY! - I pleaded. I didn't know how much longer I could resist.

-Reducto! - He finally pronounced. Amd that was when he came to help me.

He gave me a hand to stand up.
-Thanks... For a moment, I thought you were going to let it get me. - I was panting, catching the breath I needed.

-Yeah, so did I... - He was about to say something else, but the maze began closing like awhile ago. - Cedric, RUN!

We started running again. I had almost no strength left, but we still had to keep trying.

And there it was. The Triwizard Cup.
-Come on, Harry! Take it! You saved me, it's yours! - I told him.

-NO! We'll take it together! - I nodded, and we rushed to the cup.

-ONE, TWO, NOW! - And we grabbed it.

And suddenly, we weren't at the tournament nor at Hogwarts... but in some kind of graveyard,

-It's a portkey... - I sighed, admiring the cup.

Harry wasn't speaking. Although, that was not new. That guy was somewhat strange.

Then, he approached a grave.
-CEDRIC! WE HAVE TO GO BACK!

That was when I saw a man. I took out my wand and pointed at him threatingly.
-Who are you?!

-Set the spare aside. I only need Potter. - A chilling voice hissed.

-As you wish. - The man spoke.

Narrator:

Harry couldn't believe it.

-CEDRIC, NO! - He started approaching the boy, but couldn't get to him. The scar began hurting badly. So bad that he couldn't stand on his feet.

All right so, since today is Valentine's Day, my parents are going to a party, and my sister's going to a friend's house. SO I'LL THE HOUSE TO MYSELF, which will give time to write three chapters today.

About next chapter, it'll be confusing at the start, but in the middle, I think, it will be explained.

Marathon 1/3