2. Potions

Narrator:

-So... what house are you hoping to get in? - Cedric asked.

During the whole journey, the boy described how wonderful Hogwarts and all its mysteries are. The ones he knew, at least.

It was Cedric's second year. He was a Hufflepuff, and you could see he was proud of it.

Cora thoughts about it. She didn't really care about which house she belonged to since she had no friends... She would spend the entire time studying and reading.
-I don't care. - She responded, serious.

Cedric was curious about getting to know her. He didn't think she was some kind of weirdo.

The train stopped, indicating it had arrived to the station.
-We're here. - Cedric smiled. - Come on, the first years must go with Hagrid.

Cora frowned. She had no ideaof who Hagrid was. She exited the train and joined the other first years.

-I'll see you around. - Cedric spoke with a small smile.

The girl just nodded. Why was he so interested in her? But she didn't care at all. He would maybe forget about her existance over a few days from there.

-First years! First years! - A giant called, who Cora guessed was Hagrid.

Cora:

We entered a hall, and everyone was looking at us. They were obviously older. They were sitting on large tables.

-Very well, we will begin the house selection. - A professor announced, holding a hat. - Let's start with...

I wasn't paying attention to what she was saying. I was admiring the decorations. Everything has a mysterious touch. I turned to look at the teachers' table... until looking at the tables where the students were.

I noticed Cedric in one of them. He smiled at me, but a boy beside him looked at me with confusion.

Suddenly, he started telling it to everyone around him, and now they were all talking about me.
-Shut it. - Someone said, but I was already looking away. I knew this would happen.

-FIANZE, CORA! - They called my name. So I went up and sat on the chair while looking down. I didn't want people to see my eyes.

-Fianze, there's no doubt you are a great witch... I can see fear within you. Restlessness... darkness. - The hat began speaking. - I'd say Gryffindor, but you don't care about the others... Maybe Hufflepuff, but I don't see that spirit in you. You give  me no choice... Ravenclaw!

Not bad. I liked blue.

I sat alone in a corner, and started reading.
-Cora... Cora... Cora!

-WHAT?! - Everyone turned to look at me. I looked at Cedric, who was smiling. This guy was too strange.

All the students continued minding their own business while I could only insult Cedric for... being so annoying.

When the ceremony ended, we all went to our corresponding common rooms. When I arrived at the Ravenclaw common room, it was like paradise; everything organised, in its place, and their were breathtaking views. I loved it.

I went to my dorm, sighed, and entered. There was a blonde girl on one of the beds.
-What's your name? - She asked me.

I left my book over my new bed and looked at the girl, who smiled.
-Such eyes. - I frowned. - Bruke, Elizabeth Bruke. Pleasure.

-Cora Fianze. - I stretched over my bed.

-I can see you don't talk much. - She pointed out.

-No. - I turned the light off, and went off to sleep.

[...]

I woke up straaight away. Always the same nightmare. I got up, making no noise, and put my robe on. I needed to eat something.
-Do you want to go with me? - I looked at Elizabeth.

-No. - I gathered my stuff. - You can go by yourself.

She frowned at me and left, leaving me alone.

When I arrived at the Great Hall, there wasn't much of a crowd. I sat down and began revising the Potions book. I'm not so great in that subject, but I didn't want to get a bad grade.

-Good morning. - Someone greeted, approaching me. I didn't reply or look. I knew it was Cedric.

Finishing my food, I stood up and headed to Potions. There was already people there, so I sat as far as I could from everyone for when the class started.

-Hello. - Someone sat beside me. - Adrian Pucey. Pure blood.

I glanced at him.
-Cora Fianze. Pure blood. - I sighed. Did they seriously only focus on the blood status?

-Very well, turn to page ten. You have one hour to complete the potion. The ingredients are on the shelves. - Professor Snape spoke. - We will see what you're capable of.

Wasn't he going to explain anything?

I scoffed and headed to the shelves.
-Good morning, Cora. - A twin laughed. - I'm George, by the way.

-No, you're not. You're Fred. - I grabbed ingredients I needed and walked away.

Narrator:

Fred couldn't believe it. What kind of magic was the girl using?

Was he such a bad actor? How was it possible that she knew it was him? They had barely even talked.
-What's with the face? - His brother asked.

-I am Fred... - He said to which George frowned. - How?

-Because Mom named you like that, you idiot. - The youngest twin replied.

Fred still could not believe it. He looked at the girl one more time, who was focused on preparing the potion.

Cora, on the other hand, couldn't manage to make the bloody potion. How was it possible?
-Don't crush it. - Adrian suggested. - Cut it. It's in the book.

-How is it so simple for you? -

The boy shrugged and continued doing his work.

[...]

After class in which, fortunately, everything turned out well and nothing explloded, somebody tapped Cora's shoulder.
-How did you know that George is George, and I'm me?

-Because you're you, and George is George. - The girl answered.

Fred just stared at her. He still couldn't understand how she's done it.

Cora could only feel nervous in that moment. So, she turned around and returned to her common room. However, Fred followed her.

The girl arrived at her common room.
-Hey! Wait! - The redhead yelled.

The girl didn't listen, and stood in front of the door, waiting for the riddle.

Two people were playing wizard chess. Out of five rounds, each person won three. How is that possible?

The girl began thinking. She had an idea but wasn't sure.

Fred looked at her as if she was Merlin.
-You have to do that every time you wanna enter?

-Shush. - Cora warned. - The answer's simple. Both people weren't playing with each other. - She said firmly.

And the door suddenly opened. The girl looked at Fred, who was still puzzled. He would've never imagined that answer.
-Yeah, I can see why you're not Ravenclaw. - She teased before leaving him alone.

I know, I know, bitches, that the story's a little boring right now. But I promise it'll be taking shape as it continues.