10. Challenge finished

Narrator:

Cora was sitting on the stands along with Elizabeth, accompanying Jeremy for the Quidditch tryouts.

It was yet to start since Hufflepuff was training.

-Did you know Cedric plays? - Elizabeth asked Cora. - He seems to be really good.

Cora turned to look at Cedric, who played the position of Seeker.

-No, I didn't know. - She admitted, stunned.

In that moment, the boy looked at her, who waved her hand.

He was debating on returning the gesture or ignoring her... But she did nothing bad for him to be mad... So he decided to wave back.
-ALL RIGHT! TRAINING HAS STARTED! - The Hufflepuff capitain announced.

-Nervous, Jeremy? - Cora asked her friend. - JEREMY!

-Sorry... W-What if I fail? What if I fall of the broom? - He asked, nervous and panicked.

Both just started laughing. It was hilarious watching Jeremy like that.

-CAREFUL!

Hearing that, Cora realised that if she didn't react now, the Quaffle would hit Elizabeth right in the face. So she grabbed it just in time.
-BE MORE CAREFUL! - She yelled, holding the ball on one hand.

-Could you give it back?! - A guy asked her.

Cora threw the Quaffle, and the guy almost feel off his broom... Everyone was silent, speechless. How was it possible that a second-year girl could have such strength?

The girl looked back at her friends, who just stared at her.
-What?

-That was amazing! - Elizabeth remarked. - Why don't you apply for the team? You'd be a great Keeper!

-Yeah, you would certainly enter the team. - Jeremy agreed.

-I don't know, guys. - Cora replied. - It's a lot of responsibility and besides that... Oh. - She hid behind her friends. - Don't let them see me, please...

-WHERE'S CORA?! - Fred asked, his uniform pink. - I KNOW IT WAS YOU, LITTLE GIT!

-What did you just call me, hairy cheeto?! - Cora got out from behind Jeremy, arms crossed.

-FIRST OF ALL, I HAVE NO CLUE OF WHAT A CHEETO IS. Second... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO GEORGE?! - He showed a slug. - And third... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY UNIFORM?!

Everyone around was laughing at the situation.

-Fred... I think you should relax. - Cora suggested. - Besides... that's not George. - She chuckled.

-Hey, guys! How're you doing? - The mentioned one appeared in perfect state. - Fred... you know today isn't International Pink day, right? - He joked.

Fred looked at the slug and threw it away with a disgusted expression.

-Admit that I'm better than you. - Cora challenged. - Don't be so stubborn. Just say I'm better than you, and all this will come to an end.

-But what about George? - The oldest twin crossed his arms.

-He already said a week ago. - Her and the youngest twin bumped fists. - Like I said yesterday... the smart twin.

-GEORGE! How could you?! - Fred placed a hand over his chest. - It's her instead of me, now, right?! It's official... - He annonced dramatically. - I CALL TWIN DIVORCE!

-Fred... it's just that... - George began.

-NO! Just stay with... her. - The oldest twin pointed at Cora. - You surely are better without... ME!

-How can he be so dramatic? - Cora asked George, watching how Fred was making a scandal.

-Now you know who's the dramatic twin. - He pointed out.

Cora walked toward Fred and sat on the floor since he had thrown himself down.
-Freddie...

-What now, twin thief? - He asked, without looking up.

The girl sighed. If they didn't finish this now, it would continue forever... They couldn't keep on going with that dare.
-You're the Kings of pranks. - She admitted, to which the boy looked up at her. - You win.

Fred smiled.
-Obviously I knew it. - He stood up, helping her up, as well. - Right, George?

The youngest twin only chuckled.
-Although, you can be the Queen. - He suggested. - I guess it's fair.

-Yeah... - Fred admitted. - I'll take it. - He laughed. - So... could you get my clothes back to normal now?

-Can somebody explain to me what just happened? - Jeremy asked, appearing along with Elizabeth.

-Believe me, it's best if we don't know.

While everyone was just laughing, Cedric observed them from his broom.
-Diggory! Focus! - The capitain called. - What's wrong with you today?

-N-Nothing, sorry. - Cedric responded, looking away from Cora.

[...]
Cora:

-You're in! Congratulations. - I hugged Jeremy.

-Thanks. - He blushed. - By the way... I think Cedric wants to talk to you. - He looked behind me. Cedric was looking at me.

-I'll see you later, all right? - I headed to where Cedric was.

-Some time, Cora. - He smiled.

-It's truly been awhile. How've you been? - I asked him. - Although, actually, I wanted to talk to you... about what happened the last time.

Narrator:

Cedric got vivid after hearing her saying she wanted to talk to him about her problems. They finally would trust each other to explain things.

Even so, he was nervous.
-Sure, I'm all ears. - He crossed his arms.

-Not here, come on. - Cora took him somewhere else.

They walked without saying a word or having a specific place in mind. Cedric just followed her while she said nothing.
-So...

-You might have heard me talking about Erik. - That increased Cedric intrigue. Who was Erik? The boy she liked? - Erik is my brother... Well... was.

Cedric slapped his head mentally. How could he have been so selfish?
-If you don't feel ready... you don't have to... - He began, but she interrupted.

-I need to say it. I need to tell you. After all... you're my friend, right? - Her words made him smile.

-Of course. - He assured.

Cora checked both sides, making sure no one was hearing.
-Okay... here it comes. - She looked down.

Cedric's nerves increased. He waited for her to tell him what was happening.

The girl looked back up, and he found those eyes that he loved.

They were so special and unique. But they were sparkless, they didn't have their usual sparkle.

-I killed my brother.