20. News

Cora:

-I, umm... - I stared at Mr. Weasley's wand. - I think it's better if...

He seemed to understand my uncomfortableness, so he took his wand out. I sighed.
-Kids... to the car. Now. - He ordered the twins.

I slammed the door open, and everything went by in a rush.
-EXPELIARMUS! - Mr. Weasley pronounced.

And the truth is that I thanked he was good at aiming. The spell could've hit my mother.

Damian's wand flied away, so I ran to grab it as soon as possible, pointing at him.

-Look what we have here. - He sneered. - Arthur Weasley. It's been awhile.

My mom was on the floor, and was coughing non-stop. I approached her, still pointing at Damian, and helped her up.

-Yes, it has... awhile you should have spent in Askaban. - Arthur responded.

I frowned. In Askaban?
-You're one of them, aren't you? - I started making sense of everything.

-Correct. I must communicate this to the Ministry at once. - The redhead glared at him.

[...]
My house was now a complete chaos. There were journalists, and many intimidating people.
-Hello, deary. Would you mind telling me what happened? - A woman asked me.

-No. Get out of my house. - I muttered.

There were multiple cameras taking pictures of everything around the house. So I decided to get away from there.

-Cora... - The twins spoke. - We're sorry.

-Why? You've both saved me and my mother. - I smiled as I could.

My mom has been taken to St. Mungus. They would take care of and watch over her better there. Meanwhile, Damian was dragged to the Askaban prison.

-You what this means, right? - Fred tried lightening the mood.

-We'll be siblings until your mom feels better. - George revealed.

A small smile appeared across my face. I don't know what I'd do without my two little redheaded jerks.

-Yes. It's best if we head to the Burrow, guys. - Arthur guided us to the car. - Got all your stuff, Cora? - I nodded. - Well, then, let's go home.

[...]
Cedric:

-Cedric! Come down for a minute, please! - My mom called from the staircase

I left the letter Cho had owled me on my desk, and walked down the stairs, finding my mother holding a newspaper.

-Is everything okay? - I asked after noticing her grimace.

-Cedric, you told us that your friend Cora... is very special. - I furrowed my eyebrows. - Well, you see... - She handed me the newspaper.

Caption: Cora Fianze watching how her father, Damian Fianze, is taken to the Askaban prison

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Caption: Cora Fianze watching how her father, Damian Fianze, is taken to the Askaban prison.

DAMIAN FIANZE IS ARRESTED AND TAKEN TO ASKABAN.

DAMIAN FIANZE, OLD DEATH EATER, IS ARRESTED BY THE MINISTRY THANKS TO ARTHUR WEASLEY.

According the witnesses of the event, Damian Fianze held his ex-wife and daughter captive in his own house, cutting any type of communication to the outside world. Amelia Fianze has been transferred to St. Mungus, where she's in intensive cares. Her daughter, Cora Fianze, on the other hand, hasn't suffered much pain. The girl didn't want to reveal any detail about the previous event. However, it is sure she owes her life to the Weasleys. No doubt that it's a tragic story, but with a happy ending. Let's hope Mrs. Fianze finds herself in perfect state.

-Something you would like to say? It must be horrible!

-No! Leave me alone!

There's no doubt that the girl has suffered several traumas that will last a lifetime. We will be informing everyone as soon as we know more about the event.

Written by Rita Skitter.

I left the newspaper over the dining table.

-Son... are you okay? It's her, right? - I nodded. - I'm so sorry, darling.

-If you don't mind... I'll be in my room. - I grabbed the paper and ran up the stairs, heading to my bedroom.

How could I have thought she didn't want to come visit?! I felt like a selfish idiot.

I read the paper around five times again. Although, I could only focus on the main picture.

She had changed... and was more beautiful now.

I stretched on my bed. What on earth were you thinking, Cedric?! You could've done something. But you've only focused on yourself.

I looked back at my desk, where Cho's letter was laying. I wanted to write back, but didn't have much motiivation. Besides, the term was about to begin.

I sat on the chair and began writing.

Cora,
I read about what happened... First of all, are you okay?

Sorry you've had to go through all this... If I would have been there, I would've protected you with my life. We're best friends, after all. I love you.

I hope you reply soon. And most importantly, take care.

Cedric.

After I finished, I stared at it for a few seconds... debating if I should send it or not.

Overthinking it, I wrinkled the letter and threw it to the bin. This was more complicated than I thought,

[...]
Cora:

-Make yourself at home. - The twins told me in unison.

-Thanks, guys. - I looked around their bedroom.

It was an absolute mess. Typical from them.

-So where am I sleeping? - They looked at each other.

-How can you ask that? - George spoke.

-With us, obviously. - Fred revealed.

I frowned.

-Don't take this the wrong way... I love you, guys. - They smiled. - Is your mother okay with this?

-Of course she is. - George assured.

-It won't be a problem as long as she doesn't know. - I rolled my eyes.

-All right. You have convinced me. - I surrendered. - But I'll sleep on the floor. - The twins frowned. - Haven't you done it before?

-Fred, I think it's time for us to sleep on the floor. - The mentioned one nodded, and they both rolled down to the ground along with their blankets.

-And why do you do this? - Fred asked.

-Because it's cold. - I chuckled.

Narrator:

As Cora and twins had a sleepover and had a great time, Cedric only thought about how his friend could be feeling.

He felt like an awful person for thinking she didn't reply to his letters because she didn't want to.

But Cedric did have one thing clear. And it was talking to Cora as soon as he could. He had to make sure she was all right.

Don't Leave Me (Cedric Diggory)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें