62. Together

Cora:

It was like a dream. The war had ended, and now? The only thing we had to do was resume our lives.

Immediately, my eyes searched for Cedric. Bad idea.

He was hugging Cho again. But I understand, I suppose we weren't anything anymore.

I turned to the Weasleys, who were hugging each other. Thank Merlin none of them passed away.

Then, I looked at Harry, Hermione, Luna, and Neville... Everyone was fine... except... oh.

-Jason! - I ran toward him. - W-What's... no... Shit. - I kneeled down to Jeremy's body.

We hadn't spoke since we left Hogwarts. I felt terrible for not saying goodbye.
-I'm so sorry. - I whispered.

-I know... - Jason sobbed. - You were important to him.

-You were, too. - I assured, starting to cry.

Narrator:

-Cho... you sure you're okay? - Cedric pushed her away.

-I'm perfect... Cedric, I still love you. - To which the guy took a step back. - I always did.

-I'm sorry, but I can't respond. You know I'm with Cora.

-Doesn't look like it. - She glanced behind him.

-Fuck. CORA, WAIT! - But before he could approach, Cora vanished from his sight.

When the girl arrived to her house, she sighed before remembering the previous events.

Did the Second Magical War really just end? Now what? What would she do in life? She certainly needed to get a job.

She asked herself thse questions as she took a shower. She needed to take all the dirt and dust off.

Cedric:

No, no, no. I refused to let that happen again.

I knew she'd be in her apartment. So I headed directly to where she lived. I needed to fix everything.

There, I knocked the door. But no amswer.

I knocked again, and heard a one moment, please.

I was anxious for her to open up. I couldn't wait a second more.

When the door opened, she didn't say a thing. She just stared at me, just like me. However, she wouldn't let me in.
-Yes? - She spoke after awhile. You could see she just got out of the shower since her hair was wet.

-Cora... I need to talk to you. -  I tried not to get lost in her eyes. Those breathtaking eyes that hypnotysed me each time I looked into them.

-All right... speak, then. - She looked down. - If you're here to say we're over...

-You want to break up with me?

I was afraid of the answer. This could end up fine or terrible.
-What three words are said several times, but never enough?

-What do you mean? - I asked. - Is that a riddle?

-Come on, you know the answer. - I frowned. - That's mine. Now guess.

-Cora, I don't... - I thought and throught over again, but nothing came to mind. Three words?

I looked up, and Cora started smiling. She attempted to keep a serious expression, but couldn't hide it really well.

I realised how beautiful she was, and how much I love her... hold on...

I smiled completely.
-I love you. - To which Cora fully opened the door, letting me in.

-I love you, too. - And she joined our lips in a passionate kiss.

Narrator:

Cedric could not feel happier at that moment. Having Cora with him was the only thing he needed. He needed her kisses.

-Sorry for getting mad... - But Cedric interruupted her with another kiss.

It's been so long since they didn't taste each other, and they both needed more.
-Promise me... we'll always be together. - He begged after pulling away.

-Cedric... - Cora begun, but she couldn't finish because the guy knelt down before her, holding a small box in his hands.

-I've waited for this moment for a long time, and believe me, it's what I most wish for right now. - He begun. - Cora, would you do the honor of being this guy's wife, who's absolutely in love with you, and the only thing he wants is to spend the rest of his life with you? Because each day I spend with you... you make me happy... you complete me.

-It would be an honor to be Cedric Diggory's wife. - The girl giggled, and sobbed joyfully.

Cedric slid the ring through her finger, and kissed as if it was the last one he'd give her. Finally he could call her his wife.

-Mrs. Diggory... - He hugged her tightly. - Sounds wonderful.

[...]

Cora and Cedric told the great news to all their loved ones, who were so glad for the couple.

The wedding was celebrated with everyone a few months later, and they both moved to a house they bought together.

Cora got a job at St. Mungos while Cedric became an Auror.

[...]

Now, the couple found themselves having lunch with Cedric's parents.
-So tell me, son... - Amos begun. - When will I see my grandchildren?

Cedric choked on his drink while Cora giggled nervously.

-I cannot imagine how gorgeous they'll turn out. - His mother added.

The guy's face couldn't be more red. Although, deep within... he didn't dislike the idea of creating a family.

[...]

-Hello, darling. - Cedric entered the house.

After not hearing a reply, he started worrying. It was supposed that Cora wasn't working today, for she wasn't feeling well.

That was when he saw a letter on the table.

Come to St. Mungo at once. It's urgent.
Cora.

Cedric's heart started pounding. What could have happened to her?

Arriving at St. Mungo, he was told the name of the room his wife was in.
-Ah, Mr. Diggory, you're just in time. - The doctor spoke.

-What's wrong? - The guy approached Cora, who was crying. - Does it hurt? - The girl shook her head "no".

-Congratulations, Mr. Diggory. Your wife is pregnant.

The first thing that appeared in Cedric's mind was to kiss her. And that's what he did.
-Cedric... we're going to be parents. - Cora grabbed his hand. She was shaking.

The guy, on the other hand, could only cry out of happiness. Suddenly, he remembered something...
-Boy or girl?

-It's a boy. - The doctor answered.

Could it be... that his dream was actually a vision of the future?

Today is the final day for "Don't Leave Me", so get ready for the final chapter.