19. Fortunate

Cora:

After cleaning the backyard, I made my way to the kitchen.

Mom was sick since a week ago, and couldn't even get out of bed. For which I had to do everything Damian told me to.

Never in my life I have cooked before... And learning to do so was a whole new challenge. With slaps accross the face because it wasn't good enough, or him pulling my hair because there wasn't enough salt.

At last, I got the trick.

I went up the stairs to the bedroom, where my mother was resting.
-Here's dinner. - I smiled as I could.

-Cora... you didn't have to. - She said with teary eyes. - I don't know what I did to deserve you. - She caressed my cheek.

-Don't worry about me. I have everything under control. - I told her. - I'll go serve him dinner... I'll come back. - I exited the room.

Once the other plate was ready, I made my way to the dining room, where Damian found himself drinking.
-Dinner's ready. - I spoke expressionlessly.

I walked toward him and placed his plate in front of him. I just hoped it worked this time.

Yes. I've been trying to poison him mutltiple times, but I'm horrible at Potions.

-Hold on. - He analysed the soup. - You try it first.

I apprached the table and grabbed the spoon. My hands were shaking. At this instant, I hoped it hadn't turned out well... although, just in case...

I took small portion and insterted the spoon into my mouth, hopeing he didn't realise I was holding the soup inside my mouth.

That was when I began feeling my tongue burning.

Damian was still staring at me. And, without holding it more, I spat what I held inside. The soup started desintegrating, burning.

On one part, I was glad. I had successfully saved myself from the potion. But on the other...

-So you wanted to poison me? - He asked, fuming. - Stupid girl... - He grabbed the plate and threw it right at me.

I managed to dodge the plate. However, I couldn't say the same about the soup.

It spashed all over my face, which started burning.
-SHIT! - I sprinted to the bathroom.

I looked at myself through the mirror and found a scar on the right side of my face. I closed my eyes to avoid crying. It hurt awfully.

[...]
Cedric:

-Cedric! Come here! We have a visitor! - I walked down the stairs, and found someone who I didn't expect would come.

-Oh... hi. - I spoke.

-Hello, Cedric. - Cho kissed both of my cheeks as a greeting.

-The Changs with spend the day with us. We have pending topics to talk about, but you can go to the garden and play there. - I nodded, and guided Cho out of the house.

-How've you been? - I asked her, looking away.

-Let me see... you weren't extacting me, were you? - She sat down, to which I followed her. - So who?

I furrowed my eyebrows.
-No... How did you...?

-I bet it's Cora. - She looked back at me. - Were you extecting her? - I nodded.

-She hasn't replied to any of the letter I sent her. And I'm worried about her. - Cho was staring at me, which began bothering me.

-Do you like her?

-Why does everybody think that?! Can't I have girl friends?!... Sorry - I apologized after realising I rose my voice tone. - No, I don't like her. Why do you ask?

-Because she would be the most fortunate girl in Hogwarts. - I blushed in a deep red after hearing such words. And now that I was with Cho, she was prettier than before.

-Thanks, I guess. - I chuckled. - I suppose the guy you like is also very fortunate.

She laughed.
-Then you're the most fortunate guy. - I frowned, surprised by how direct she was being.

-You like me? - She nodded. - Blimey... I don't know what to say.

-You don't have to say anything. - She stood up. - You already know, at least.

Cho Chang fancied me... she told me herself. And I felt tickling, my cheeks were red. I knew it since they were warm.

Was it possible that I liked her back?

[...]
Cora:

-Darling... - My mother hugged me. - Don't worry about me now. You must get out of here.

-What? Mom, I can't leave you. And if I have to stay here and not go to Hogwarts... then I?m not going. - I took her hand.

-You can't do that, my dear. - She half-smiled. - Besides... - Someone began punching the door. - What's that?

-CORA! I CAME FOR YOU!

-WE HAVE CAME! - I could recognize those voices from miles away.

That was when Damian stormed into the bedroom.
-You! What have you done?! - He grabbed my neck, choking me.

-No! Please don't hurt her! - My mom begged, trying to get up.

Damian, on the other hand, let me go, and now took my mother in his disgusting arms.

-Now, you will go down there, and tell whoever it is to leave. Or else... - He pointed at Mom.

-Okay! - I couldn't contain my tears.

I ran down the stairs, and opened the door half-open.
-Cora! You haven't replied to any of our letters! - George spoke.

-So we convinced our father to bring us here! - Fred continued. - Even Ron has come.

-Are you all right, dear? - Mr. Weasley asked me.

-Y-Yes...Don't worry. - I tried looking as calm as possible.

The twins glanced at each other.
-Blue toad? - They asked, to which I nodded.

Blue toad was our code for if something was wrong.

-Could you at least let us in? I need to use the bathroom. - Fred told me.

-Uhh... - I looked back inside, and saw Damian poiting at my mother with his wand. - I, umm...

What was I supposed to say?