56. Missing

Cora:

I was anxious to return home.

Since I've already graduated, I had to search for a job someplace... I had to think about my future.

So would sell my childhood home and buy... I don't know, a smaller apartment.

Getting out of the train, I said goodbye to Ginny.

I wanted ot organise everything first... Since what happened with Damian... I hadn't gone to see how the mansion was doing.

I got in, and it was just like how we've left it. Everything was in its place, but full of dust.

Empty bottles of alcohol... family pictures... wow. Everything was there.

I went up to my old bedroom. It was spotless.

I smiled at the memories... the stuffed animals, the book... my old clothes.

I would surely save the most important and special memories I had.

Getting out of the room, someone grabbed my neck, gripping it, strangling me.
-Did you forget me? Because I didn't. - Damian grinned.

I grabbed my wand, but he was fast and took it away.
-I've been waiting for your arrival... Finally you're of age, which means you have no protection... so I can hurt you as much as I please.

-G-Get away from me. - I struggled. But he dragged me down the stairs, where other men were, dressing black.

They kicked me out of the house, to the garden where we used to play with the ball with him and Erik when we were little.

-I've been thinking... how many ways are there to torture you? Killing you... was the main one. - Damian spoke, to which the others laughed. - After debating it for awhile... it is best for you to really suffer.

-W-Why are you doing this?! I haven't done anything to you! - My eyes were full of tears.

-'Don't know of you remember... When you were an innocent little girl who didn't know where to stick her nose... that day. - He stood up in front of me. - The day you discovered me cheating on your mother with that woman... remember?

-Yes. I went directly to tell Mom. - I sneered.

-Exactly. You ruined my life. I lost everything in that moment.

-But that wasn't my fault, unlike yours. - I told him. - You cannot blame me for your immature acts.

-Actually... yes, I can. - He smiled sadically. - And now, just enjoy the show.

-What? - In that moment, they started setting the house on fire. - Please no. DON'T DO IT! NO! - I wanted to run, but my hands were tied.

I couldn't move and run to save all the memories of Mom and Erik... my memories, my childhood... everything was burning down.
-Stop, please... I'm begging you. - I fell on my knees. - No... stop... - My voice was trailing off.

My house was now burnt to the ground. There was nothing but ashes.

-We have to go. They've already called about the incident. - One of the men told him.

They forced me up, to which I tried setting myself free, but they increased their grip.
-Not yet, little girl. We have many pendant things to do. - Damian laughed.

I didn't speak. Words couldn't describe the horror I was feeling. That fear... of not being able to do a thing.

[...]
Narrator: