17. Impossible

Cora:

Entering the Great Hall, I noticed green decorations on the ceiling. Which meant Slytherin had won the House Cup.

I saw Jeremy sitting on a corner, so I approached him.

I sat down and saw what food choices there were. Suddenly, I felt my friend's penetrating hand.
-Something wrong? - I grabbed a knife.

-Have you noticed the cattle that you have? - He asked with excitement.

-Cattle? I don't have sheep. - I tried sounding innocent, although I obviously knew what he meant.

Jeremy started laughing.
-Girl... first, in the Slytherin table. Adrian Pucey?! - He exclaimed, to which I rolled my eyes. - Then we have Wood... - I frowned and looked at the mentioned one.

-Impossible. He's been dating his broom since he saw it in the store. Greay story, by the way. - I assured sarcastically. - Very emotive. - I leaned closer to his ear. - Did you know he cheated with Harry's broom?! Poor Guilda... - Jeremy just laughed. - Seriously. It's not funny.

-All right... now we have my favourite ones. The twins. - He pointed.

I shook my head, and looked at where Fred and George were.

I waved at them, who returned the gesture.

-Finally, our Prince Charming, Cedric Diggory. Who's staring at you in this precise moment. - He looked behind my back.

I turned my head, and found his eyes stuck on me. Him, after realising I looked back, looked away.

I smiled and looked down at my plate, blushing. Even though, I shouldn't...
-And it's clear who's going to win. - Jeremy teased.

I rolled my eyes and focused on Dumbledore's speech.
-CONGRATULATIONS, SLYTHERIN... HOWEVER, I HAVE TO GIVE SOME LAST-MINUTE POINTS. - Everyone, including me, exchanged frowns. He couldn't do that... Well, yes. He was the Principal.

-For whom are these points? - Jeremy whispered, to which I shrugged.

-TO HERMIONE GRANGER, FIFTY POINTS. FOR USING HER INTELLIGENCE WHEN OTHERS WERE IS GRAVE DANGER. - Everyone but the Slytherins applauded. - TO RON WEASLEY, FIFTY POINTS. FOR THE BEST CHESS GAME EVER SEEN IN HOGWARTS.

I furrowed my eyebrows. The best chess game? Maybe it's because he haven't seen me play...

-TO HARRY POTTER, SIXTY POINTS. FOR HIS COURAGE TO CONFRONT AN ENEMY. - Everyone at the Gryffindor table started cheering since they were tied up with Slytherin. - AND FOR CONFRONTING YOUR ENEMIES, BRAVERY AND COURAGE AND NEEDED... YOU MUST HAVE MUCH MORE TO CONFRONT YOUR FRIENDS. FOR DOING SO, I GIVE TEN POINTS TO NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM. - He announced with a small smile. - If my calculations are correct... I think we shouldmake some changes in the decoration. Congratulations, Gryffindor!

Now, the entire Great Hall was decorated with the Gryffindor colours.

I was speechless. I looked at Jeremy, who had the same reaction. It didn't matter to me if Gryffindor won. But what Dumbledore had just done... looked like favoritism.

I felt bad for the Slytherins... although it wasn't a big deal. It was just a cup for the house with the most points. There were more important things. Passing Potions, for example.

[...]

-Crazy, right? - Cedric appeared by my side.

-Don't mention it. - Let's say that... I felt a little awkward by talking to him. Last time we were trapped inside a cupboard throughout the whole afternoon.

Apparently, he noticed. So he looked at me.
-Hey... if you're like that because of what happened the other day... - He began, so I looked up at him, and he seemed nervous. - I mean that... you know. Everything's fine, right? I mean, we're still friends and nothing has changed?

I didn't know why, but I felt like an Avada Kedavra would hurt less. We were only friends, but I had no idea why his words hurt me.
-No, sure. It's not that. - I replied as calmly as possible. - None of your business.

He smiled and resumed his way.

Cedric:

It was a relief to know everything was fine between Cora and me. There was no doubt that I was fortunate to be her friend.

-Hello, Cedric. - Cho appeared.

-How are you? - I half-smiled at her.

Although I didn't want do admit it, Cho was very pretty. One of the prettiest in Hogwarts, I'd say.

-Wanna sit with me in the train? - I looked back at Anthony, who lifted his thumbs up.

I turned my look to Cora, who was taking to a Slytherin. They were chattering vividly.

I don't why it bugged me, but they seemed entertained with each other.

-Sure. - I answered Cho's question.

[...]
Cora:

.Well, then... I'll see you around. Have a nice vacation, Adrian! - I hugged him.

-You, too. - He responded in the same tone as always.

Once I was inside the train, I noticed how Jeremy was talking to Jason himself!

I leaved closer to the compartment door to listen more clearly... even though that was wrong... But he was my friend, after all.
-So you're a friend of Cora's, right? - I frowned.

-Uh, yeah... Why do you ask? - Jeremy was just as confused as me.

-Oh, that's perfect! You see... I would like to get closer to her. You know. - Jason said nervously. - I like her since some time ago, but I don't know how to soeak to her. I was thinking if you could hellp me.

I froze immediately. What I just heard couldn't be possible.

I made my way to nowhere, thinking about Jason's words. And I felt like the most horrible person that has ever set foot on Earth.

-Are you okay? - I looked up, finding my little friend.

-Honestly... no. - I sat beside him.

-What's wrong? Maybe I could h-help you. - He suggested. - Well, if you want to...

-Neville... I'm the most terrible person in the world. - I looked through the window. - My friend likes a guy... but I just found out that that guy likes me. What can I do?

Neville frowned.
-You can't do anything... - I looked down at him. - It's normal that he likes you. I mean, you're pretty, kind, smart... - He blushed after saying those words. - WHAT I MEAN IS THAT... If he really is your friend, he'll understand.

A small smile appeared on my face. Neville was right.

Narrator:

While Cora spoke to Neville throughout the journey, Cedric was with Cho.

The guy obviously figured the second year girl's intentions out... Still, he did nothing to keep her away. Something about her intrigued him. Although, he knew nothing could happen in between them. She was two years younger.

Was it possible that Cedric started having a crush on Cho?