15. Elizabeth

Cora:

Waking up, I was alone, as always. I would have to talk to Elizabeth... Why has she been so distant?

-Hi, Jeremy. How's it going? - I rubbed my eyes since I haven't sleep enough.

-Nothing out of this world... Where have you been yesterday, by the way? - He inquired.

-Oh, um... This'll sound silly, but I was trapped in a cupboard with Cedric throughtout the entire afternoon. - I sighed. - Don't look at me like that. Cedric and I are just friends.

-FRIENDS?! Cora, Cedric Diggory has a crush on you! - He made little happy jumps.

-What? No, he doesn't like me that way. - I scoffed. - He couldn't.

Cedric:

-Hey, wake up, Diggory. - I opened my eyes, finding Anthony; my best friend.

-Don't call me Diggory, Rickett. You know I have a name. - I got up from my bed.

-I see we're aren't in the mood... Has your little friend rejected you in your dreams? - He mocked.

-I told you I don't like Cora that way. We're just friends. - I looked down.

-Okay... but I never said it was her. - Anthony laughed.

I ignored him and put on my uniform.
-I don't fancy her.

[...]

We were at the Great Hall. Although I wasn't hungry, I was just making Anthony some company.

-It looks like you got some admirers. - Anthony pointed at a group full of girls.

-I don't care. Cho's the only one I've spoken to. And we're just friends. - I looked at her.

-I never thoughy you'd be so popular with the girls... Just look at you. If they saw you sleeping, they wouldn't think the same. - I threw a piece of bread to his face. - Look, here comes your girlfriend.

I turned at where he pointed, and saw her entering the place along with Jeremy... But know I knew they weren't dating.
-She's not my girlfriend. - Suddenly, Cora turned around and waved at me.

I returned the gesture, but I looked back at Anthony, who was lifting his eyebrows up and down teasingly.
-Very well... But why are you blushing? - He stood up from the table. - Come on, we'll be late to class, tomato face.

I rolled my eyes and stood up.

-Hello, Cedric! - Cho spoke, walking past me.

-H-Hi. - I smiled.

Cora:

"Hello, Cedric!" Oh, please.

-Look, there's Elizabeth. - Jeremy pointed.

She was talking to a couple of girls. So I approached her, but everyone else stopped talking instantly.
-Hi... Um, Elizabeth, can we talk in private for a minute? - I asked, doubtful.

-I'll be back. - She told the girls. - What do you want?

-I got the sensation that you no longer want to be our friend. I mean, you're not hanging out with us, and you aren't waiting for us in any way.

-I know. I have new friends now. - She looked at the table whwere her friends were. Cho was there. - I cannot be comforting and following you through your whole life.

-Excuse me? You've never followed me. - I couldn't believe the situation. What has gotten into her?

-Oh, please. It's not my fault that you're insecure about yourself and want attention or whatever. From now on, Cora and Elizabeth don't exist anymore. Hope you understand.

-Hello, Elizabeth! - Angelina walked past her.

-Hey, wait for me! - She yelled before running toward them.

What just happened?

I approached Jeremy, who was staring at Jason.
-Apparently, Elizabeth has grown tired of me. If you prefer going and be her friend... don't blame you.

-You? If she doesn't want to hang out with you anymore, that's her problem. And no, after all this time, I've learned it's more entertaining being your friend. Besides, you got some really handsome boy friends. - He teased. - It doesn't matter. We can be Cora and Jeremy.

-And Fred and George. - The twins sat beside them. - What's up?

I laughed at their coordination. They doubtlessly knew how to make me feel better.

-Question... - I spoke. - Do you know if Angelina hates me or anything?

The redheads glanced at one another.
-Now that you mention it... - Fred began.

-She might've mentioned you in some conversations. - George continued. - But hate? I don0t know... Yeah, she may be jealous, spiteful... and cruel sometimes.

-Yeah, sure, of course... Thank you. - Jeremy spoke. - So, I suppose it's happened? - He asked me.

-What's happened? - The twins frowned.

-You're right. But do you think it's possible? - I asked Jeremy.

-What can be possible? - They insisted.

-I don't know... We should investigate. - Jeremy looked back at Elizabeth.

-We would like to know what's happening, please. - George spoke.

-Yeah, it looks like drama... and we love drama. - Fred commented.

-Not now, guys. - I told them, standing up. - Right now we have... Divination.

The three of them scoffed and stood up lazily.

-HI, FREDDIE! HI, GEORGIE! - Angeline called, walking past us.

-Hi. How's it going? - Fred spoke.

She just giggled. What was her deal? Didn't she have a brain?

-See you later! - George told her.

Jeremy looked back at me, and I realised what was happening.

Could it be that Angelna convinced Elizabeth to finish our friendship, just because of the fact that I'm friends with the twins?

I'd have to discover it on my own. And I must need proof.

[...]

-Boring, boring, boring, boring, and even more boring. - Jeremy said repeatedly, staring at the cup.

I rolled my eyes. We've been trying to analyse our partner's cup for a long while. In my case, Jeremy's.
-Oh, look. It says you'll have disgraces in love. Tragic events... - He told me, still looking at my cup.

-Tragic events? - I laughed with a frown.

-LET ME SEE! - Professor Trelawney approached us. - WHAT A DISGRACE! HOW TERRIBLE! yOU WIILL SUFFER BIG, MY DEAR... BUT ALL THAT SUFFERMENT... - I cut her off.

-What do you mean by that? This is ridiculous. - I grabbed my things and left the classroom.

Narrator:

The class concluded, and the students left. The Divination teacher, on the other hand, was pickiing everything up... thinking about Cora.

-All that sufferment will be worth it. - She smiled. - Love will come when you less expect it.