23. Detention

Cora:

I was walking without a certain place in mind, not watching where I was going. I just wanted to get away from there. How dare he say such things?

Suddenly, I felt how I bumped into someone.

-Watch where you're going. - The girl spat. - Won't you apologise?

-What, a kiss and applause? - I retorted - Why don't you get lost somewhere?

Now that I realised, the girl was Flora Carrow from my year. She, along with her sister and group used to pick on the first years with mean pranks, which weren't funny at all.

-How dare you, freak? - She took out her wand, to which I did the same. - You're nobody to talk to me like that.

-You think I care? - I pointed at her with my wand. People started surrounding us, wanting to watch, but I only focused on her. - Drop your wand. We won't get anything like this.

-You drop it first, and then I will. - She smirked. I perfectly knew that if I dropped my wand, she wouldn't keep her words. Still, I put my wand down, waiting for the attack.

-Fulgari! - She yelled, but I managed to dodge it with ease. It was my turn now.

-Gusarajus! - I pronounced. And Flora wasn't herself anymore, but a worm. The people around laughed nonstop. It was unusual someone confronted the Carrow twins.

-WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! - Her sister, Hestia Carrow, screamed, coming through and ppushing anyone on her way.

-What's all this mess? - McGonagall herself appeared. I turned around without her noticing, and left without being caught.

I knew the twins wouldn't say a word. Flora because she was a worm. And Hestia because, if she said anything, we would all come out against her.

-CORA FIANZE DID IT! - Someone yelled.

Cho.

-Miss Fianze! Detention! - McGonagall stated, desperate. - First Mr. Diggory and now you... I thought you were exceptional students.

-Excuse me. What going on...?... Oh, what a pity. If I would've been here, I would have known the counter curse for Miss Carrow. - I looked at the man who spoke. Gilderoy Lockhart.

-Do something, professor! - Hestia begged.

-Um... Sure, of course... Reparo! - But the slug was still there. I chuckled at his ignorance. This was our teacher for Defense Against the Dark Arts.Ev

-Miss Fianze, Professor Lockhart will give tell you what to do. I will take Miss Carrow with Madame Pompfrey. Everyone, go to class! - McGonagall ordered.

-Let's go, my loyal follower! - Lockhart spoke arrogantly. Was this man seriously in Ravenclaw?

We went to the classroom... and Cedric was there. I frowned. What was he doing here?

-Very well, you little punished couple, you will cleal up this disaster immediately. I have to to sign some letters... I'll be in my office. - He instructed before leaving us alone.

I scoffed. The place looked deadly awful.

-Are you okay? - I looked back at Cedric. - I don't know what Burrow told you but it wasn't nice.

-Why are you here? - I ignored his question.

Cedric:

What was I supposed to say now? For you? It sounded too cheesy, Cedric... So I just started cleaning up the papers and what was on the floor.
-Let's say I got into a fight... Why are you here? - Cora wasn't picking anything up. She just crossed her arms.

-I turned Flora Carrow into a worm. - She responded. - What are you doing?

I stopped picking up things and crossed my arms.
-You see, if you haven't realised, we're punished and have to clean up all this. It'd be faster and we would finish quickly if you helped. - She just smiled and took out her wand.

-Fregotego. - And everything was back in its place, leaving the classroom spotless. - We're wizards and have wands for a reason. Besides that we have a dumb teacher who forgot to take them away. - She chuckled before leaving me alone.

I smiled. Cora was the most intelligent and smart person I knew. How haven't I thought of it before?

[...]
Cora:

I got out of the classrom to search for that person who I was starting to hate.

-Cora! What happened? - Fred and George appeared by my sides, but I did not reply. I was only thinking of the many things I could give her besides the killing curse.

-I would leave her alone if I were you... She's quite empowered right now. - Jeremy suggested, following us.

I went into the Great Hall and saw her... Cho Chang.

-Calvario! - I pronounced, making everyone's eyes fall on Cho, who was now bald.

Everybody was laughing out loud, making the situation way funnier. Cedric came in and, when he saw her, he began laughing nonstop. Which was normal since she was completely hairless.

Cho ran away along with her friends to the infirmary while I was satisfied with my job.

-Cora... can we talk? - I turned around, finding Elizabeth. - Can you forgive me?

-Elizabeth, what would you do in this situation? Because I'd say you aren't apologising with feeling, but because you're not useful anymore. - I reminded her with a small smile. - If your... "friends" wanted to be with you before, it was just for you to abandon me. But, you know what? Your little plan didn't work. - I took a step forward. - I know what you're trying to do. They have asked you to talk to me again, have they? For you to betray me once more.

-What? - She exclaimed. - Impossible... I wasn't...

-Oh, and if you're going to tallk more trash about me, please tell me. That way I can tell you more stuff about my life. - Elizabeth seemed embarrassed, like she was going to cry. Everyone was witnessing the scene. - Come on. - I pointed at the door. - You can go back to them. Just go. - I acted like a puppy, to which she said nothing and just ran away with teary eyes. Was I supposed to feel bad for her?

I noticed how the Slytherins stared at me with surpriuse and approval while the other tables were shocked.

-What? - I asked the twins and Jeremy. - Now you won't say anything?

They just looked behind me, so I turned around, and found Cedric. Was he mad? Possiblt since he just turned around and left without saying anything.

I scoffed. Couldn't we be good for at least one day? Why was he so bipolar? Besides... what was he so furious about?

-I'm hungry. - I told Jeremy.

The three of them glanced at each other and did not say anything about the subject for the rest of the day. Which was certainly strange.