33. Avoid

Cedric:

-Cho... we have to talk. - I told her as soon as we ran into each other.

-I'm not dumb, Cedric. You obviously want to end our relationship. Everyone's telling me... But I cannot understand why. Have I done someting wrong?

-No, it's just... - I tried explaining I didn't feel the same way without inserting Cora in the conversation, but it was inevitable.

-There's another girl, isn't there? - She crossed her arms, and I nodded. - And I can bet perfectly on one. - She looked down.

-But we still can... maybe, stay friends? I really don't want to ruin our friendship. - I asked, to which she smiled sadly.

-Sure. Just give a few days. It'll be hard. - And she went to her friends.

On one hand, I felt bad for her. But on the other, I had tons of time to be with Cora, and tell how much I love her... But it's best going step by step.

I went into the Great Hall, and sat by Anthony's side, sighing when seeing her come in with Jeremy.

-What's going on? - He asked, laughing.

-Have you seen how cute she looks today? - I watched how she served herself some food.

-You feeling okay? You just...

-I broke up with Cho. - And the spoon fell from Anthony's hand out of surprise. - And I think I confessed to Cora that I like her. - My friend widened his eyes. - Oh, yeah, and, after that, I kissed her. - I smiled idioticly, remembering that moment.

-How do you do it? How's it so easy for you?

-Let me finish... when I attached our lips together, she pulled away and left. - I kept staring at Cora, admiring how she laughed.

-She rejected you? Wow, this girl is my idol. Literally every girl would die to kiss you, Diggory... You like the difficult ones.

-No, I like the different and unique ones. Like her. - I glanced at Cora one last time and stood up. We had training in a few minutes.

Cora:

As Cedric passed through the doors, I hid under the table, not desiring any kind of contact with him. Neither visual nor any other.

-May we ask what's going on? - The twins asked, pausing their food fight.

Should I explain it to them? Certainly yes.
-What's going on is that I'm avoiding Cedric because... yesterdayhekissedmeandIpulledaway. - I rushed, but they understood every word.

-Can we  pull his hair out? - George asked.

-No, let's leave him bald. - Fred suggested.

-What do you have against his hair? - Jeremy frowned.

-They say it's better than ours. This is inadmissible! - George complained.

-Do you even know what "inadmissible" means? - Fred asked him.

-No, but Cora says constantly says it, and it sounds very  intellectual. - George shrugged.

-Guys... I think what Cora's trying to say is that... - Jeremy began.

-I'm avoiding Cedric and I don't want to see him. - I grabbed an apple. - We have training after Hufflepuff... Move your butt. - I reminded him.

Narrator:

Once Cora and Jeremy left, Fred and George exchanged looks.
-Can you imagine how embarrassing it'd be if they were together on their own? - Fred asked his brother, who frowned.

-Cora's our friend... we can't do that to her. Besides, I don't want Cedric stealing her from us.

Fred debated it mentally.
-So... we're not bringing them together? - His brother thought deeper... Still, he shook his head "no". - If it lands vertically, we won't do it. If it falla horizontally, we're bringing them together anyway. - He grabbed a fork.

-Fred... it's impossible it lands vertically. - The youngest twin laughed. - All right, throw it.

The fork ended up falling horizontally as expected, so the twins laughed before heading to the Quidditch pitch to fulfill their challenge.

[...]

-May I know what you're doing? I have to change for training. - Cora was being dragged by theo redheads, exiting the pitch.

-So? You want to talk or...? - Cedric himself asked, but after seeing Cora, he cut himself off. And even blushed.

Fred and George ran away, but not too far. They wanted to hear Cora and Cedric's awkwardness.

-I broke up with Cho/Sorry for leaving that way. - They spoke at the same time.

-You and Cho broke up? - Cora couldn't believe it. She was happy, on one hand, but in the other, she didn't know how to feel. - Um... wow, I don't know what to say. I have to go. Bye.

-Wait! - Cedric called. - About the... - He began, but the girl cut him off.

-It's in the past, really. I must go. See you.

The guy stared at where she had left. He was certain he wouldn't give up.

-You turtle. - The twins commented.

-What's that for?

-The crazy amount of chances we give you... and you fuck them up.

-You just let her go away. You really must improve, Diggory.

Chances? Improve? Cedric didn't understand a thing. Still, he had to go train. He grabbed his broom and went with the team.