24. Just friends

Cedric:

I was mad... yes, but it was impossible as well. I couldn't be mad at Cora. It's a weird feeling that appears every time I see her.

I pushed the thought away. I couldn't behave like this everyday... Cora couldn't make me lose my mind.

[...]

Flashbacks.

Anthony and I were making our way to our next lesson. It had been an exhausting day. Suddenly, Anthony tapped my shoulder. I looked at him, but he was pointing at Cora.

She was with the Weasley twins, feeding Hagrid's creatures.

I smiled by seeing her so joyful. She looked so adorable.

[...]

-CORA CATCHES THE QUAFFLE... BUT ANGELINA WON'T MAKE IT EASY FOR HER. OH, WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE?! TEN POINTS FROM MY AMAZING FRIEND! KEEP IT UP, CORA!

The stands cheered and screamed in excitement. This was Cora's first game, and she was showing off amazingly.

-She's unbelievable. - Anthony admitted, impressed.

-Yes. She certainly is... - I agreed, proud of her.

[...]

I found myself in the library. Anthony and I were going to meet here for the Potions homework, but he just wasn't appearing... Surely he ended up falling asleep.

When I entered, I found Cora, too focused on whatever she was doing. I approached her to see what she was studying... Potions.

-I could help you... - I spoke, which startled her. She looked up at me and I got nervous.

-Really? Sorry, I can be as smart as you want me to be, but not with Potions. - She scratched her hair. I chuckled at how stressed she felt. She certainly put lots of effort in classes.

[...]

-I'm dead serious. You like her tons. - I glared at Anthony. - You don't fool me.

-I don't like her. We're the best friends you could see. - He just smiled before telling me to turn around, to which I did, and found Cora and Jeremy laughing.

I swear it was the most contagious smile I had seen. It was uncommon seeing her so happy, and that was a surprise for everyone.

-I'd say... "I told you". So I told you. - I rolled my eyes, blushing.

[...]

-CEDRIC DIGGORY CATCHES THE SNITCH FOR HUFFLEPUFF! - I was vivid. That was my highest record in scoring.

I was celebrating with the team when I felt someone hugging me from behind.

-That was amazing! Congrats! - Cora cheered, which made me smile. Just then, my friends started whistling, to which she pulled away immediately. Blushed, just like me.

[...]

-Can you believe it? So I told Fred I wasn't going to dress as a clown to scare that poor kid... - I just listened to her attentively. She looked so enthusiastic as she explained. - Are you listening to me? - She asked with a smile.

-S-Sure. - I stuttered.

[...]

-WHAT CAN I DO, ANTHONY?! i DON'T KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME. - I threw myself on the bed, putting a cushion over my face.

I had just seen how Adrian Pucey was helping Cora with Potions in the library when I am the one who usually does.

-Calm down. It's not like they're going to get married. - He laughed.

[...]

I found myself talking to Cho about this upcoming summer. Our parents were meeting again, so we would spend more time together.

I saw how Cora entered the Great Hall with Adrian. Again.

-This has to be a joke. - I muttered as they hugged before each went to gheir corresponding tables.

I watched as she sat with Fred and George and Jeremy. They were saying things that provoked her to blush.

-Adrian is just a friend. - She clarified.

-CEDRIC! Are you listening to me? - I had forgotten Cho was talking to me.

End of Flashbacks.

I was making my way to the Great Hall. I had agreed with Anthony on going to class together. When, suddenly, Cora appeared. She was running but looking back, not realising I was near her.

She ended up bumping onto me, making us both fall to the groud.

-There you are, house elf! Atabraquim! - George, I think, called. Suddenly, I felt how Cora's left hand intertwined with my right hand. They were tied together like a rope. - Now my galeons. - He extended his hand.

-NO! As much as you won't admit it, Fred knows nothing about the history of Hogwarts. - George crossed his arms.

-He knows it's called Hogwarts... That's knowing something. Now, my five galeons and lets's not make Cedric wait. - She looked up at me and half-smiled. - Even though, we all know she loves being with him, am I right?

I gave Cora a small smile. She enjoyed being with me?

-Fine, take your galeons and let me go. - She moved her tied hand.

George took the money and just said "you're better together. See you." before running away.

-Bloody Weasley. - Cora stood up. - Do you know any counter curse? - She asked me, to which I shook my head. - Great, half an hour tied up with you.

-Hey, I'm right here. - I tried joking, but her words hurt me inside. Did she dislike bieng with me?

-No, not that. It's just... - She was going to continue, but stared somewhere in front of us. - Just what I needed.

-Cedric! Can we talk... in private? - Cho asked, looking at Cora.

-Sorry, but if you want to say something... - I pointed at our hands. - It would have to be later or with Cora here.

-All right. I've been thinking that when I go to your house... - She began, but she was only looking at Cora.

It was clear she didn't like Cho at all... Could she be jealous?

-Cho, do we have to do this now? I have some important errands to run before... - I lied, trying to make her go away. She nodded and left after glaring at Cora.

Once she left, Cora started walking, dragging me through the hallways.

-May I ask why you hate her? - I spoke. But she didn't look at me and just kept walking. - Cora...

-Not that I hate her. She just doesn't like me, and I'm not going to make an effort to become her friend, either, like you do. I can see you don't like her. So why do you still talk to her?

-Because she's my friend, just like you. - Suddenly, the rope became loose, setting us free.

-You're right. Sorry for saying that. I'll see around. - And then she left.

What I had said was true. We're just friends... She didn't have to get mad, right?

You're an idiot, Cedric.