58. Order of the Pheonix

Cedric:

George and I entered the house, and saw everyone at the dinner table.

-Where is she? - Fred pointed up.

-With Mom. But I guess you can go see her. - He half-smiled.

I rushed upstairs immediately, knocked on the door, and heard a come in from Molly.

Opening the door, I couldn't contain a single tear. It stung seeing her like that.

-Come in, Cedric. She's been asking for you. - Molly was just finishing to badage Cora's hand. - It's ready now... I'll leave you two alone.

-Thanks, Molly. - We both spoke at the same time, but I sensed the fear in her voice.

Once she left, I kneeled down to be closer to Cora.
-Thanks for saving me. - She passed a hand through my hair.

-Don't thank me. You thought we'd stay here doing nothing? - I held her hand. - I'm so sorry... seriously, I should've gone with you, but...

-Cedric, the past is the past. - She gave me a small smile. - You're here now. That's what matters.

Could there be someone more perfect?
-How do you do it?

-Do what?

-How do you make me fall in love with you even more everyday? - I asked, to which her smile widened.

-You know... when I was there... - She begun shaking. - I asked my mother and Erik for help... and they seemed to help me. Do you think it was them?

-Of course I think so. They're always watching over you. - I passed a strand of her hair behind her ear. - Cora...

-Yes? - But before she said anything else, I kissed her carefully, my lips lingering onto hers with the ultimate love and affection.

I needed to do that long ago. And now she was here... with me. Cora was now safe and sound.
-I love you. - She murmured, to which I couldn't feel happier.

-And you don't know how happy that makes me feel. - But she raised an eyebrow. - I love you, too, obviously. And tons.

Narrator:

Once Cora was asleeep, Cedric went downstairs to the dining room, where everyone was.

-And? How is she? - George asked.

-Good. She's asleep now. - Cedric sighed.

His heart could beat normally at last. He thought he was almost losing her.

-That's okay. - Tonks spoke.

Suddenly, steps could be heard.
-Cora?! What are you doing awake?! You should be in bed! - Molly exclaimed, worried.

-Doesn't matter... I can't sleep, anyway. - Cora half-smiled. - What did I miss?

George approached and hugged her.
-I feared the worst for a moment.

-You're still not getting rid of me, Weasley. - The girl told him.

After everyone had their turn to hug Cora and ask her about her state, they decided to continue the plan.

-Hold up... the girl cannot be present. - Moody ordered.

-Why? She already knows everything. In fact, she could join officially. - Remus argued.

-Yeah/No. - Cora and Cedric spoke at the same time.

-Cora... can we talk? - The guy suddenly asked.

They went outside for a calmer environment.
-Why don't you want me to join? - The girl asked him. - I might not be in my best moment... but I can help.

-I know you want to help. But I couldn't take it if something happened to you again. - He grabbed her bandaged hand carefully.

-And what do you want me to do? To lock myself in a jar and not come out to stay safe forever? Cedric... I know it worries you...

-Cora, please. - The guy grabbed her chin, making her look at him. - I know you're strong, powerful and brave... but you've gone missing for two bloody days... and look at you! You're her standing up when you should be resting.

-Cedric, I can't, don't you understand? You know nothing about what happened to me. I had to crush a fucking wall with a knife for two days to get out of there. I cant' just simply go to bed and sleep! - She took a step back.

-Sorry...

-You just don't get it. Every time I close my eyes, I se the images there, present as if I was still there. So I'm helping you like it or not.

After those words, she went back in, leaving Cedric outside. Why didn't she listen to me?, the guy thought.

-Very well. I want to join the Order. - Cora told Remus.

-Perfect... Now, if I'm not mistaken, Bill and Fleur must be on their way here. - Mad-Eye added.

-Fleur? - The girl asked.

Instantly, the mentioned ones appeared.
-Oh, Merlin, Cora... - The French girl hugged her. - I read the paper... How are you feeling?

-Better, thank you. - Cora half-smiled.

-Bill Weasley. Pleasure. - The guy extended his hand.

As they explained the plan, Cora listened to everything they were saying while Cedric simply stared at her.

He was mad at her for running from such danger, but he couldn't anything... He certainly wanted to help his friends, and that meant a lot to him. Which demonstrated he loved Cora even more.

Finally, they agreed that Cora, Molly, and Ginny would wait for them at The Burrow while the rest would go look for Harry to protect him from Voldemort and the Death Eaters.

Before making their way, Cedric approached to his girlfriend one last time.
-Be careful, okay? - Cora kissed him.

That reminded him of the third task of the tournament.
-I will. I'll see you later. - And he left with the others.

-How are you, dear? - Molly suddenly asked her.

-Like I want to puch those men in the face... - She recalled. - The men from the bar.

-The bar? - Ginny asked.

-Yes. When... I was escaping, I got to a bar, when there were only men... so I asked them for help... but they ignored me. Just like all the people there. Nobody helped me. - Cora looked down. - And that makes me remind myself... that these situations happen constantly... I don't know, it's really hard if you stop to think about it.

Ginny and Molly hugged the girl.
-I don't know what you had to go through... The only thing I can say is that you're so brave. - The young redhead smiled. - If your mother was here... surely she'd tell you the same thing I'm telling you now. We're proud of you.

-Thanks. - Cora half-smiled. - I really appreciate it. - She looked up at the sky.

And yes. Amelia Fianze was watching over her daughter from heaven along with Erik.