60. Misunderstanding

Cora:

-Hey, hey, what's going on? You have to explain why you want the apartment keys and why Cedric can't know where you are, overall. - George got in my way.

-Yeah, you don't know the amount of excuses we've had to tell Cedric. - Fred added, concerned.

-Guys, I'd really like to tell you, but I don't want to cause any more problems. I'm going now. I have to go to Gringotts in order to buy...

-Hold on, hold on, why don't you want to cause any problems? What do you think I'd have to do if you come up to me in the middle of my brother's wedding and tell me you need my apartment keys? - George begun.

-Yeah, you'll worry us even more. - Fred agreed.

-All right. - I sat down. - But promise you'll do nothing about it, because it's my fault, okay? - I noticed how they frowned. - Promise.

-We promise. - They accepted in unison.

-At the party, I heard Cedric saying that I'm crazy and annoying... besides from denying that we're together... WAIT! - I stopped them after seeing how they clunched their fists. - Deep within, I get it... because I wouldn't be with somebody like me, either... That's why I needed to get out of there. Now... please don't say anything. I have it under control.

-Cora, I don't understand why you hate yourself so much. - Fred told me. - I really don't get it.

-If Cedric said what he said, then fuck him. You have to love yourself more. Because you do not deserve any of the words you're saying about you. - George reminded.

-Thanks, guys... I'll see you later, I guess. - I gave them a small smile.

-Don't doubt it. Our house is your house. - Fred half-smiled.

-Be careful, yeah? - George asked.

Narrator:

Once Cora left, the twins shared a glance.
-You thinking what I'm thinking? - The youngest asked.

-If you refer punching Cedric, then yes. - The eldest smiled.

-I thought more of talking to him and see his side of the story, but that's good, too.

-Let's go make a little visit to our friend Diggory. - Fred concluded.

[...]

-Guys... what did you call me for? Is Cora feeling better? - Cedric asked the redheads.

-Why do you care? - Fred crossed his arms. - You said she wasn't your girlfriend yourself.

-What do you mean? - The guy became worried.

-Yeah... besides from being crazy and annoying. - George continued. - Why did you do that?

-Do what?! Are you talking about Cora? Because I've never said such words referring to her.

-So she's lying, then. - The youngest twin added. - She heard you speaking to your friends. That's why she left the party.

-No, no, no, that's impossible. I wasn't talking about her, but about Cho! - Cedric yelled, desperate.

Fred and George's jaws fell to the ground. Those words certainly changed everything.
-They were asking me if I was still with Cho, and I told them no, that I'm with Cora. I never said she was annoying... FUCK! Where is she?! - He realised.