42. Luck

Cora:

Today was the first task, and I felt nervous for Cedric, for Fleur... and for Harry... and thinking about it, why not for Krum?

-Hey, how... woah... - Cedric spoke as I hugged him. - A-Are you okay? - He hugged me back.

-Yeah, just nervous. I know you'll do amazing... But anything can happen, you know?

He just smiled. I was going to say something, but a voice made itself present.
-Why so tense, Potter? - Everyone there were now focused on Malfoy. - My father and I made a bet, you see. I don't think you're going to last ten minutes in this tournament... - Draco jumped off the tree he had climbed, and started approaching Harry. - He disagrees... he thinks you're not going to last five.

-I don't give a damn what you or your father think, Malfoy. He's vile and cruel... and you're a pathetic. - Harry spoke before walking away.

But Malfoy took out his wand... was he going to attack from behind?
-Oh, no. Not in my watch. - Professor Moody yelled, appearing... but where did he come from?

But now that I saw... why was there a white ferret? Oh... Malfoy.

Everybody laughed at the ferret. And I'm not going to lie, Draco had asked for it.

I walked up to Cedric.
-Hey... I have to go leave these books in my room, but I'll be supporting you, okay?

-Sure. - He half-smiled.

I was walking away when I bumped into Ron, who was talking to Seamus.
-And here we have idiot number one! - I announced.

-What are you talking about?

-You're such a git. Why are you mad at Harry? And "he put his name in the goblet" isn't valid.

The truth is that Ron and I had such a sibling relationship. He'd never had an older sister, so, since the first summer I spent at The Burrow, he began treating me like one.

-It's not just that, Cora. - He glanced at Harry, who was speaking to Neville. - He could've told me...

-Ronnie... Harry didn't want to participate. Don't throw your friendship away just because of some stupid jealousy. - I glanced behind him, noticing Elizabeth, who wouldn't talk to me. - You have to support him. - I took the pin that Draco malfoy had made off of his shirt.

On one part it said Cedric Diggory rules, and in the back it said Harry Potter stinks.

Ron just kept quiet, and I made my way to my bedroom.

-I'm not alive, I have no bones, but I walk and walk and I don't get tired. What am I?

I was going to answer, but I felt someone behind me. I turned around, but no one was there... odd.

-A pair of pants. - The door opened, and I got in, staying alert.

I still recalled the time when I was locked in the cupboard, and I didn't want it to occur again.

I had to run up the stairs before getting to my room, because who knows who's following me? I knew there was somebody behind me.

I grabbed the heaviest book, and turned around, finding the person who followed me.
-OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!

I put the book back on the floor, covering my mouth with my hands.
-George! May I know what the bloody hell you're doing?! Are you okay?! - I touched his belly since I hit him there.

-Yeah... just wanted to see how your common room is. - He admitted, laughing.

-I don't understand you sometimes... By the way, I saw you, Fred.

-Hey, that's not fair. You're too smart! - He got out of his hiding place.

-I have no idea what you two are doing here, but you have to leave now. The task will begin soon... and I have to wish Cedric luck.

-And haven't you already?

- Yes, but I'm way too nervous, so let's get going. - I pushed them toward the exit.

We walked otgether until I separated from them. Students can't go to the tent where the champions are, in theory, but I had to wish Cedric luck again.

There, I saw Hermione.
-You, too? - She asked, to which I nodded. - I'm worried about Harry...

-He'll be fine, that's for sure.

I entered the tent, and Cedric was there. He seemed anxious.
-Cedric! - He turned around, and frowned.

He walked toward me, and I wrapped him in a hug. I didn't want anything to happen to him.
-Good luck. - I spoke during the hug. - I trust you'll do great.

-Thanks. - I couldn't notice if he was nervous or something, because his cheeks were all red.

-Fleur! - The girl turned around and smiled at me. - Good luck out there!

-You're adorable, Cora! Merci beaucoup!

Finally, I got out of there to look for an empty seat in the stands.

-Stay away from Cedric. - A voice said from behind.

-Why would I? What do you care? You're not together.

-That doesn't matter. You're confusing him. Leave him alone, and so will I with you. - Who did this girl think she was?

-Cho, I could care less what makes you mad right now. And I won't stay away from him. - I stated before resuming my way.

Narrator:

Still, the girl that Cora cannot stand's words kept her thinking.

Possibly she had been the one to lock her in the cupboard... although, there wasn't proof.

Cora decided not to focus on that, and cheered along with Jeremy and Luna, who were yelling with excitement.

[...]

The task had been a success. None of the four champions suffered anything serious, considering they confronted dragons.

Cora was glad that Cedric had made it. She was going to congratulate him, but Cho was in his arms, so she decided to go with Fleur and her friends.

-You did amazing! - She hugged the French girl.

-I hope I'm at the level.

-Of course you are! She really is, right? - Cora asked Fleur's friends, who nodded immediately.

-That's good to hear... but there's something more important now... but don't tell anybody.

-What is it?

-They're organising a ball! - She screeched, to which her friends jumped in excitement. All of them but Cora.

-A ball?