6. Weasleys

Narrator:

-Fred! Stop bothering Ron, George! Pick that up! - A very stressed Molly exclaimed. - We have guests today. I want you to behave properly. - She told the twins.

-Who's coming? - Both boys asked in unison.

Molly couldn't answer because they heard voices from outside.
-Cora, please! Don't embarrass me! - The voice asked.

The twins looked at each other before running to the door and open it, where Cora and her mother were. Amelia was a bit angry while the girl had chocolate all over her face.

-Amelia! It's been a while! - Molly hugged her old friend. - And you must be Cora... Yes, I've heard so much about you. - She hugged the girl.

Cora noticed how welcoming the Burrow was.

-Mom, is lunch ready? - A redheaded boy got out of the kitchen.

-This is Ron. He'll enter to Hogwarts next year. - Molly presented. - And Ginny must be here somewhere.

-Mom, Charlie took my book away. He won't give it back. - Another ginger boy said. - My apologies. Percy Weasley

Cora had seen Percy in the library a few times. He was about to start his fourth year at Hogwarts.

Behind him, Charlie Weasley, the Quidditch capitain and seeker himself, went down the stairs.
-Hey, I know you. - He pointed out to Cora. - You're in Ravenclaw, right? - The girl nodded. - Pleasure. I'm Charlie. - He extended his hand.

Cora blushed. Is she wasn't mistaken, Charlie was about to enter his final year. He was older and quite cute for her.

The twins noticed the girl's reaction. It was always the same. Perfect Charlie, they thought.

[...]
Cora:

We were all eating at the dinner table. Molly was a great cook.

Ron was in front of me, who wouldn't let the fork go, not even to drink water. It was clear he loved eating.

He looked at me, and began analysing my face, which made me nervous. He was two year younger than me...
-I like your eyes. - He admitted, mouth full. - Mine are blue like one of yours. - He pointed at my blue.

-I really like yours. - I smiled, to which he thanked me before continuing to eat.

Suddenly, I felt an olive being thrown at my face.
-You... - I threw one back.

From a moment to another, dinner had became a food fight in between the twins an I.

When I threw a slice of tomato, I didn't aim well, and it went to... Oh, Merlin.
-I guess this is yours. - Charlie gave me the tomato slice, but he wasn't mad. Instead, he was trying to hide a smile.

-Thanks. I mean, I'm sorry. - I said nervously. That was when I saw another olive coming to my face, so I caught it.

Charlie just stared at me. He threw another olive at me, making me catch it again.
-Try this. - He threw a fork at me.

-Why have you done that?! - I excaimed, the fork in my hand. - You could've hurt me.

-You're good... - He suddenly admitted. - Haven't you considered being a Keeper. - He asked, changing the topic.

-No... I haven't thought about it. - I looked at my plate.

-Who wants dessert? - Molly asked, to which nobody but Ron stayed at the table to eat.

We went out. The weather was nice.

-Don't tell you're reading Hamlet. - A voice said from behind me. I knew it was Percy.

-Actually... it's the second time I'm reading it. I really enjoy how William Shakespeare writes. Apart from the plot. - I pointed out.

Narrator:

Percy was speechless. How was it possible that a girl younger than him has the same tastes?

-No doubt at all. - He looked at Cora. - How can you hang out with my dumb brothers? - He pointed at them.

They were walking through the grass, getting all dirty.
-I suppose I like them. They're great friends. - She said happily.

The girl ran to where the twins were, and jumped over one of them.

Fred was stunned to see that Cora had the same kind of fun as them.
-Oh, yeah? - He joked before the three of them started a friendly fight.

-I win. - Cora spoke, sat on top of both redheads, who tried setting themselves free. - You see, I know a few techniques I could teach you... But only if you admit I'm better than you.

-No, you're not. - Fred refused.

-I don't think you can defeat us in pranks. - George stated.

But Cora did not them stand up.
-You think I'm not at your level? - She asked with her arms crossed.

-Don't get mad, it's not that. - George started.

-You're just boring. - Fred challenged, provoking her.

The twins thought she'd get angry and mad. However, the girl smiled with pride.
-You're afraid. - She revealed. - You're scared because you know I'm better than you. But don't worry, if you're okay with that... I'll respect it. - Cora said before leaving.

Cora:

Three... two... one
-Cora, wait! - Fred and George rushed to me. - We challenge you.

I arched an eyebrow.

-A competition. Who makes the best pranks of this year, wins and will be crowned King or Queen. The Kings or Queen of pranks, actually. - George suggested.

I debated it for a few seconds... Was this dare trustworthy? I could clearly impair them, although I was smarter than them.
-Deal. - I accepted.

[...]

I had a good time at the Weasleys'. They were doubtlessly very good people and you could see they were close to each other.

-Cora, say your goodbyes. - My mom told me.

I hugged, Ron, Ginny, and Molly before shaking Percy's hand, who wished me a nice summer.
-Bye, guys. - I hugged Fred and George at the same time. - I suppose you should get ready for defeat.

-You wish. - They teased in unison.

I was about to leave with my mother.
-No hug for me? - I turned to Charlie. - I insist, you'd be a great Keeper. - He commented during the hug. - Trust the Quidditch capitain. - He winked at me.

I chuckled, and noticed how the twins rolled their eyes.

-Ready? - My mom asked, to which I nodded.

Narrator:

The second year was approaching. Cora was wishing on returning to Hogwarts. There was no doubt that things were going to change this year.

And not only for Cora.