39. Tournament

Narrator:

Cora and the twins foound themselves in the train, heading to Hogwarts.

-Guys... would you mind if I go with... - Fred began. - You know...

-Angelina? - George and Cora asked at the same time. The oldest twin nodded.

-Sure. - The youngest replied. However, Cora stayed silent. She didn't like the girl, but there was nothing she could do.

When Fred got out, Cra started feeling awkward. It's not like anything was happening between her and George... Well, yes. They almost kissed.

-So, tell me, what happened with Cedric?

-Well, I guess we're friends. I don't know. - The girl shrugged, looking out the window. - George...

-Yeah?

-That day, when you came to the graveyard with me to visit my mother... - She began, but couldn't find the right words.

-What about it?

-Something happened. - She continued. - Did you notice?

-Are you talking about when we almost kissed in a graveyard? Then yes, I did.

Cedric did not need another word of the conversation.

He wanted to be with her, and talk throughout the journey, but changed his mind.

-Cedric, you haven't answered my letter.

-Sorry, I've had too much stuff in my head. - He half-smiled. - How've you been?

Finally, him and Cho went to another compartment.

-Yeah, about that... - Cora spoke. - I wouldn't like things between us to get weird.

-My goodness, I didn't know if you liked me or not. And I didn't want to say it if it would hurt you. - The redhead sighed. - No problem. Besides, it happens.

-It happens? - The girl frowned.

-In sad situations, or when you need someone the most, you're usually more sentitive with anyone. But don't worry, you're still like my sister.

Cora had finally taken that weight off her chest. She didn't want to lose her friendship with George, and she was grateful it turned out nicely.

[...]
Everybody found themselves in the Great Hall, Cedric and Anthony sitting at their table.
-So how have things worked out? - Anthony asked.

-Good at first, then bad, but good again after... and now I suppose there's not a chance. - Cedric watched how Cora and George entered the place.

The girl was laughing, she was happy, and Cedric like that. He liked seeing her happy.

-You have to go get her... you can't give up. - His friend encouraged. - You know she like you, so why not throwing yourself to her?

Cedric didn't reply. He was staring at his other friend, who laughed with her best friend. So he comprehended.
-I suppose we're not meant to be... - He looked down at his plate. - If she's happy, that's what matters.

-But... - Anthony began.

-And it's clear she she's isn't happy with me, so it's best if I set myself aside.

-I don't think that's the best thing to do, Cedric. What about what you want?

-But if she doesn't answer my feelings, it doesn't matter. She happy with him. - He looked back at her.

But Cora was also looking at him. The girl sent him a smile, which provoked a blush to appear in the Hufflepuff guy's cheeks.
-I don't... I don't know what to do. - He gripped his head out of frustration.

-Very well, another year starts for Hogwarts... but this year, it won't only be a home during your stay... but for some foreign friends, as well! - Dumbledore announced. - Hogwarts has been chosen to participate in the Triwizard Tournament! A tournament where bravery and courage will be demonstrated. And only one student from each school will become part of it!

That caught Cedric's attention... a tournament... Why not participate?

Then, the students from the North appeared, including Viktor Krum. And the students from Beauxbatons, who sat with Cora at the Ravenclaw table.
-I'm Fleur. Pleasure to meet you. - A girl spoke to Cora. - Merlin, I love your eyes! They're gorgeous!

Cora blushed at the compliment.
-Thanks, Fleur. I'm Cora. - She smiled.

-And remember, only the students that are seventeen and older will be able to participate! - Those news made several students who wanted to sign up mad, including Fred and George.

After dinner, everyone headed to their bedrooms, but Cora searched for her friend.
-Hey, Cedric, I haven't seen you in the train...

-I didn't want to disturb you and your boyfriend. By the way, tomorrow I'm putting my name in the goblet for if yoou want to come with me... I have to go now. We'll talk tomorrow, all right? - And he left, without letting her explain that George was no more than her best friend.

Confused, the girl made her way to the common room.

-In which month of the year do people sleep the least?

Cora only thought about why Cedric had behave the way he did. She didn't get it.

-December, because it's Christmas. - She answered.

But the door did not open.
-Shit. - She digged through her mind. In what month to people sleep the least?

Cora was starting to stress. How could she not know the answer? She had never been mistaken in that...
-Great. - She sat down on the floor, having to wait for another Ravenclaw to come.

Minutes passed by, and nobody was appearing. Her eyelids started feeling heavy, and she was really tired.

Finally, she fell asleep in the middle of the hallway, with the look of someone who hasn't took the eye off her since she entered the Great Hall.

The person took her wand away, and, with the help of magic, locked her in a cleaning cupboard nearby.

-In which month of the year do people sleep the least?

-In Febuary, because it has less days. - The person answered before entering the common room.