53. Rumor

Cora:

-How are you, boys? - I sat down with them.

-Wanting to prank Umbridge. - Fred spoke, counting some pills.

-Fred... don't forget the green ones. - George gave him more.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed an apple.

-So then... we better get going... or we'll be late. - I laughed.

On the way, eveyrone was staring at us. I didn't know if it was me, Fred, or George.

Arrving at the classroom, I sat by Lee's side on the last row. I wanted to see what those two were going to do.

-Very well, wands away immediately. - Umbridge spoke with an inmensely forced smile. - Today, we will dedicate the whole lesson to reading. - She handed us all infant books.

I raised my hand.
-Yes, Ms...

-Fianze. How are we supposed to learn anything? These books aren't for our age. - I glanced at the cover.

-Are you questioning my methods? - She approached me.

The class was dead silent. But I wouldn't let her stump me.
-Yes. Reading these books will do nothing to make us learn.

Fred and George were choking their laughter just like the rest of the class. But I wasn't questioning any methods. I just wanted to learn something.

-You see... children... - She walked up to the front of the classroom. - Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared... You do not need any kind of defense... because there is nothing out there. - She smiled. - Any objections?

-Yes. This doesn't make sense. - I raised my hand. - Why are we being taught this branch or assignature, then? You think I enjoy coming to class with you teaching us when I could waste time doing other things?

-Ms. Fianze! How dare you?! - She exclaimed, horrified. - What do you mean by that?!

-What Cora wants to say is... - George began.

-Is that your lesson is bullshit. - Fred finished.

The entire class started laughing.

-ENOUGH! The three of you... to my office after class.

I scoffed. I had never been punished, but this woman got on my nerves.

-Any other objection? - To which I raised my hand again.

I was about to talk, but then, I felt my lips glued together. I couldn't speak...
-That's better. - She laughed maniacally.

After that horrendous class, I headed to the hospital wing. I didn't know the counter-curse for a glued mouth.

-Seriously, I never thought you would talk back to a teacher. - George laughed.

-Mmmm mmmm. - I hummed, but had forgotten I couldn't speak.

-Yeah, I didn't know you had that attitude. - Fred agreed.

I rolled my eyes and entered the infirmary.

[...]

-Why is everyone staring at you? - Jeremy suddenly spoke. - It's weird...

-Yeah, I don't even know. But I don't really care. - I was focused on my reading.

We were walking through the halls, heading to the common room.

Suddenly, I saw how Fred and George ran up to us.
-Cora! Jeremy! You have to let us in! - Fred begged, referring to the common room.