26. Letter

Cora:

Weeks passed by, and I wasn't receiving any news about my mother. I loved staying with the Weasleys, but that didn't push away the fact I was worried about her all the time.

-Cora! Could you come down, dear?! - I was talking to Ginny, so I stood up from the floor to go with Molly, who had called me.

-Is something wrong? - I frowned. Seeing her expression, I knew something wasn't going well.

-Deary, we must go now. - She spoke with teary eyes. - It's your mother...

[...]

Arriving at St. Mungo, I sprinted to the room where my mom was.
-MOM! - I stood besides her. - No... Mom, please. - I begged, tears in my eyes.

No one has told me what was happening to her, but it did not matter now. I just wanted to be with her.

-Molly... - She spoke softly. - You've brought her.

-I couldn't keep her away, Amelia. - Mrs. Weasley said at the door. - I'll be waiting outside.

-W-What's wrong with you, Mom? Why aren't you getting any better? - Tears were rolling down my cheeks.

-That doesn't matter now, my darling... Take this. - She gave me a letter. - For if... if you didn't come. Read it when you're ready. - And then, she started coughing.

-HELLO?! A DOCTOR! - I yelled after seeing it was bad. It was horrible, and you could see it hurt her.

Many nurses and doctors rushed into the room.
-Miss, it's best if you leave. - I was guided to the door. It was impossible to resist.

-Will she be okay?! MOM! Please... - I pleaded. I watched through the window how they were putting different things on her. She wouldn't stop coughing and screaming in pain otherwise.

-ON THE COUNT THREE, TWO ONE. CHARGE! - A doctor ordered. - AGAIN!

This was bad. Molly pulled me into a hug, also crying in silence.

-WE'RE LOSING HER! COME ON, AGAIN! - They repeated several times.

I began feeling dizzy, my breath shortening.

-Cora? Dear... HELP! - Molly cried.

That was when I had no memory of what happened next. Everything was black.

 Everything was black

[...]

-Is she dead?

-How can you say that, idiot?!

-You're telling me she hasn't eaten in days?

-Shut up. You'll wake her.

-You shut up.