29. Dreams

Cedric:

-Hey, could you tell Cora I need to talk to her? - I asked her as we hugged.

-Of course, Cedric. I'll tell her when I see her. - Cho kissed me and headed to her next lesson.

Cora:

-So... are you going to tell what's been going on during the last couple of days? - I spoke, moving my food with the fork.

Fred and George turned to Jeremy, who looked away. I was going to say something, but saw Adrian walking out, heading to Potions.

-Guys, I'm leaving. I got to speak with Adrian.

I rushed toward him.
-Hey, how are you? - He asked me as I caught up to him. - Let me think, you want us to be partners. - I quickly nodded. - Very well. No one can replace you, anyway. - He chuckled.

-I can't thank you enough for that. - I sighed in relief.

If it wasn't for Adrian, I would be failing Potions.

We entered the classroom, and I sighed. I so prefered professor Lupin's class, who taught Defense Against the Dark Arts.

Today we had to prepare a potion to heal broken bones. Nothing complicated...
-Well, it could be worse. Don't complaine. - Adrian smiled.

I began mixing up ingredients, following all the instructions in the book.
-Yes! I got it! - I exclaimed after seeing it was perfect.

Snape approached to evaluate it. But when he came, the cauldron exploded right on his face.

I couldn't believe my potion had blown up right in front of Snape. And if he had oily hair, it was now full of viscous mass.
-TWENTY POINTS LESS FOR RAVENCLAW! And you're punished after class, Miss Fianze. - He announced before leaving to clean himself up.

The whole classroom was silent. That was until Fred and George burst into laughter.

-Not funny. - But their laugh was so contagious that I started laughing, too.

Narrator:

The Weasley twins were mind-blown. Cora was laughing. It was the first time she did in the term.

After class, Cora went to the Great Hall with Adrian. The guy was still laughing about the previous events while the girl felt embarrassed by exploding the cauldron right on Snape's face.

There, Cedric noticed her presence.
-Hey, mate, you know the beans aren't guilty you're angry, right? - Anthony laughed.

Cedric was gripping his fork. He didn't like Cora hanging out with other boys. But it was none of his business.
-Do you think she's mad at me? I told Cho to tell her I was looking for her to talk, but she hasn't said a word to me. - He watched how his friend spoke with the Slytherins, especially the Quidditch team.

-And you think Cho, your now girlfriend, who felt threatened by Cora, the girl you've been confused with which are called "feelings", that you almost kissed in the train, your best friend. That you get angry every time you see her with another guy... The same Cora you say in your dreams... will tell her you're looking for her? What world are you living in?

-First of all... in my dreams? - Cedric frowned.

-You're not the one who has to listen to you every single time speaking in your sleep... Oh, yes, Cora, I really like you... Kiss me again... Oh, Cora, your name sounds so good... Oh, C... - Cedric threw a bean at him. His face was red like a tomato. - And that's not it. In your dreams, you've already married and had three kids... Want me to tell you? Because I swear it's the most disturbing thing I've heard in my life.

-What are you talking about? If you don't remember, I'm with Cho. - Cedric reminded him. But, however, he saw how a certain silver-blonde was too close to Cora. - By the way, don't wait for me. I have detention.

Anthony lift up an eyebrow. He didn't get how his friend was Cho when he clearly fancied Cora.
-And why did they punish you? For being an asshole? - Cedric rolled his eyes.

-I might have not payed attention in Divination... But it's not fair! You were at the hospital wing! You know how boring that class is...

Meanwhile, Cora was at the Slytherin table.

-So what team are you with? - Draco asked. - Gryffindor or Hufflepuff? We won't be able to play... you know, my arm.

-I'd say Gryffindor. - Cora admitted, but she noticed how he tensed. - For what I've heard, you don't really get along with Harry Potter, right?

-Me? Friends with... him? You wish.

-I suppose I'll see you around. If I'm not mistaken... Slytherin and Ravenclaw are the next ones to play. That if you're arm's better by then. - She half-smiled.

-Of course it is. I MEAN, it will be. - The silver-blonde corrected. It turns out that, in Care of Magical Creatures, a Hippogriff attacked him. And he told everybody about it.

Cora made her way back to the Potions classroom, where Snape made her clean all the cauldrons.

After being done, she headed to the common room. She had to study for her upcoming test... That was when she saw Cedric kissing Cho.

Cora knew perfectly they were going out. But after seeing the emotion in her friends' faces for trying to protect her, it was worth to act as if she was cool with it. She knew it was important for them, and that was what most mattered.

-Cora, wait! - Cedric called.

The girl did not look back, and just ran to the common room. She wanted no explanations of any kind. She didn't want to disconnect or feel sad for someone worthless.