13. Fancy

Cora:

When I woke up, I notcied Elizabeth's bed completely intact. I got up and got dressed-

Jeremy was at the common room when I went down.
-Where's Elizabeth? - I asked, to which he shrugged. - Whatever. Let's go eat something.

On the way, Fred and George approached us. They were acting strange. But I said nothing. I would figure it out later.

We sat at the Ravenclaw table. Everyone around was staring at us since the twins sat by our side.

-Not to be rude or anything, but what are you doing here? - I looked at Jeremy, who was just as confused.

-One question... Just answer sincerely. - George asked, to which I arched an eyebrow. - If you had to marry one of us, would it be me? - I choked on my cereal.

Jeremy, on the other hand, was hiding a laugh.

-What did you say? - I asked incredulously. - You know what marrying someone means, right? It's two people's union through determined rituals or legal procedures. - They all frown, to which I continued. - In short, marriage is a type of link we all should have a right to to marry the person we love and not take it as a joke. - I finished before drinking my pumpkin juice.

The twins glanced at each other.
-Think about it. With Cora's intelligence and the art of pranks, our kids will be wonderful. - Fred commented.

I chocked again, but now with the juice. And stood up from the table.

Cedric:

-I SAID i'M NOT MARRYING YOU! - Cora got out of the Great Hall, her friends following her.

Hang on... What does she mean by that?

-See, Freddie? No girl will marry you if you scare her like that. - George teased.

I frowned and continued eating my breakfast. Why did the twins want to marry Cora?

Cora:

-Very well, you must make this potion. It's simple. The instructions are on the board. - Snape indicated, to which I scoffed.

Why didn't he explain anything?

Exploding Fluid. I looked down at my book, and the ingredients were clear... The horn, the tail, or an Erumpent's tail.

-What the hell is an Erumpent? - Adrian Pucey, my now Potion partner, asked.

-The Erumpent is a gray beast, with great power and size. African origin. Heavier than a ton, and can be confused with a rhino from afar. It has a thick skin that repels the majority of curses and enchantments, a large, pointy horn over the mouth, and a long tail, making it look like a rope. - I spoke, without looking up at him.

-How do you know all that? - He was impressed.

-I've read it somewhere... - I responded while trying to mix the potion properly.

[...]

-I can see you improve every time. - Adrian was making fun of my potion. - It's okay, nothing to worry about. Ask me for help whenever you need it. - He smiled at me.

-Thanks, Adrian. - I looked down at my progress.

Why is this my worst class? It's unfair that it's so easy for others.

-Hey, what were you talking about with Pucey? - Jeremy teased from behind me.

-Nothing. Just talking. - I revealed. - I haven't seen Elizabeth today... Where could she be?

Jeremy looked behind me.
-I think I know. - He pointed.

Elizabeth was talking to Cho. But wasn't she a year younger?

-Okay, it's best if we leave. - I made my way to the Great Hall.

When I entered, I saw Ron.
-Cora? - He stood up and hugged me with a smile.

-Look at you. You've grown. - I admitted.

I realised that a girl and a boy were watching us. Harry Potter was looking at me.

-Well, I have to go back to my friends. It's good to see you, Ronnie. - I chuckled. - I'll see you around.

Narrator:

Ron sat back down and just stared at Cora.
-Ron! Can you hear me? - His friend Hermione called.

-Pretty, isn't she? She's Fred and George's best friend... She came home when I still was too young for Hogwarts. - He looked back at his girl friend. - What were you saying?

-Nothing. - The girl stood up and exited the place.

-What's her problem? - The redhead asked Harry, who shrugged.

[...]

Cora found herself reading. She had a free period before her next lesson... so she decided to get distracted for awhile.

The girl noticed people observing her, chattering. And, although she tried ignoring them, the voices were too loud.
-Everything okay? - Cedric appeared.

-Perfect. - She closed her book.

-You sure? - He asked, wanting to confirm it.

-Yes. - Cora smiled. - Want to do something?

Cedric through about the proposal. he wanted to talk about the topic he couldn't stop thinking about, but he could not find the right words.
-Why don't we take a stroll like always? - He suggested with a small smile. - Besides, now that you're in third year, we can go to Hogsmeade.

True. Cora thought.

-Sounds good. - She agreed. - How've you been doing?

-How've you been doing? I heard you're dating someone.

Cora stopped on her tracks.
-You're joking, right? Why don't I know him, then? - Cedric frowned. - No, I don't have a boyfriend. And I'm not planning it anytime soon. - She was disgusted. - Everyone's behaving oddly these days...

The guy's hope went up. What Cho had said wasn't true. Cora didn't have a boyfriend, and that was good. Even though, he didn't know why.

-Believe me, it's nothing personal. It's just that, because we're friends... I thought there weren't secrets between us. - He looked away.

-And there aren't. I've told you my whole life. - She reminded him.

-Fancy anyone? - Cedric suddenly asked. - You haven't told me that.

-Who do you fancy? - Cora retorted. - You haven't told me, either.

Both friends narrowed their eyes and said nothing... until the point where Cora burst in laghter, provoking Cedric to copy her actions.

Still, she hadn't answered Cedric's question.