#60 | Still... P.1 ✿ Gavin Reed x Fem!Reader

✿ ✿ ✿

Title: "Still..."

Pairing: Gavin Reed x Female Reader

Warnings: Gavin is here, so expect to find some swearing, of course (although somewhat censored!)

Note: welcome back, me! Alright, story time. This one-shot's plot I thought of a loooooong time ago, but never had the time and inspiration to sit down and write it... until now. I know: It's been well over two years since I last updated this book, but I recently came back to this amazing game, and I just had to come back to write more content about it. So, here it is! I hope you like it!

I don't know how frequently I'll update this, since I don't have that many ideas yet, but if you dears are thirsting for something specific just let me know, and I'll see what I can do!🖤

Also... This is my 60th one-shot for this book!? Call me crazy, but I wish to get to 100 one-shots before I deem this book as fully 'completed'. Take that as you may.

✿ ✿ ✿

Gavin Reed presented a rare image this morning; a subtle curve graced his lips, forming a small yet noticeable smile whilst he sat in the break room, coffee in hand

His eyes remained trained on his colleague and major confidant, his best friend amongst the chaos that the police department had come to be recently—Detective [N] [L/N] sat right across the table, elbows firmly placed atop the cold surface; she held up a full mug of steaming coffee in her hands, close enough to her face that she could easily smell the sweet caffeinated aroma. Her eyes were softly closed, and a lazy yet content smile adorned her face.

Gavin suppressed a chuckle as he saw his colleague inhale deeply, taking in once again the smell of her warm drink. "I can't help but think you've got a problem, [L/N]."

Said woman reacted to his words quickly, showing off a toothy grin immediately. "What makes you say that?" She questioned as she opened up but one eye, and scrutinized Gavin's amused expression.

"Oh, nothin' in particular."

The grin remained on her lips as she closed her eyes again. Gavin stared at her lips, silently adoring the way her smile brightened up his day without even trying. Once more, he thought of speaking up about the way he felt; tell her about his feelings for her, confess to her that the only reason he woke up every morning at 6 to get to the station early was because he got to enjoy moments like this, before chaos reigned in the bullpen.

The detective wouldn't dare say a word, again, as he chose to take a sip of his own caffeinated drink instead. He stared at nothing, his gaze lost, not focusing on anything as he let his thoughts take over. The fear of rejection ever so present forbade him from ever taking such important step. He loathed the feeling, yet he couldn't do much about it as he, once more, opted for keeping his feelings in the dark.